eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Glad you enjoyed it! Sent the clips to my granddaughters (Both teens) who will decry its non-pop culture uncoolness, and laugh at their somewhat odd grandpa! 😁

I very much enjoy Melody Gardot. Her recordings are truly special when the production and instrumental accompaniment are suited to her style and voice, less so when they're trying to fit a particular commercial niche. Simpatico musicians make all the difference.
God bless those Grand Kids. They do keep us well grounded, don't they? LOL. ;)

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Absolutely superb, thanks for posting.
Glad you enjoyed it!

It's lovely, creepy, sad and funny, all at the same time. It's the closing cut from Dave's True Story's 2nd, and IMO, best album, Sex Without Bodies.

I've enjoyed most what they did. They formed in '94 and worked together until '07. Lyrics and music are from Dave Cantor, the vocalist is Kelly Flint, and the final member of the group was bassist Jeff Eyrich. It was recorded for Chesky Records, and I assume the other musicians were session musicians hired for the album. A lot of nice talent here.

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Jeez Louise, it's O-dark thirty in the morning and SWMBO and I are lurking in the Man Cave, swaying to the music! I agree with Lucido, that is a darn good choice in music. ;)
I'm impressed!

Don't know which more by; still being up at that hour, or still being able to dance. ;)

Glad it offered a bit of enjoyment. 👍

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I'm impressed!

Don't know which more by; still being up at that hour, or still being able to dance. ;)

Glad it offered a bit of enjoyment. 👍
Thank you for the kind words, but truth be known, it was the other way around. By nature, we are generally early to bed and even earlier to rise. I'm usually up and moving well before 0500 hours and when we began dancing, I think we both had a couple of mugs of Joe in our systems! LOL. ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals