RogerP

Connoisseur
U-last Vass austerity brogues at the tipping point of blue to black. So sharp I cut myself twice taking these pics. :biggrin:

Fred G. Unn

Wow Roger, those look fantastic! Did you size up in the U-last? Also, have you ever posted a shot of your entire shoe collection in one place? Everything I've ever seen you post has been pretty amazing. I'd love to see a shot of the whole collection if you ever have time to post it.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
First let me admit that I am in no way the aficionado of footwear that Roger is, not at all. Others find good uses for shoes that leave me scratching my grey, balding head. However, if there were any hope that in some future existence I might have cause to wear black tie even as few as 2-3 times a year, I would be on those beauties like a duck on a june bug. Wow! Just . . . just wow!

Tim Correll

Elite Member
U-last Vass austerity brogues at the tipping point of blue to black. So sharp I cut myself twice taking these pics. :biggrin:

I normally don't like blue shoes for men, but those are nice. You can barely tell that they are blue and not black. I would also love to see some austerity brogues in the form of an non-perforated U wing oxford.

RogerP

Connoisseur
Thanks very much gets. :)

Spex - yes, I have a dark blue belt but thanks for the suggestion.

Fred - I don't think they could all fit on the steps. :redface: I take the same size in U, F and K lasts. I think that those widely spaced or chubby toes generally size up by a 1/2 because the find the toe box too confining in U. My slender toes fit in just fine. The fit of these three lasts is very nearly identical save for the toe box.

Audi S5 TC - I like your idea for U-wing austerity brogue.

Stubbly

Beautiful!

They're almost too beautiful to wear. Without the broguing, are these still considered less "formal" than a plain cap-toe shoe?

RogerP

Connoisseur
Beautiful!

They're almost too beautiful to wear. Without the broguing, are these still considered less "formal" than a plain cap-toe shoe?
Thanks. There's probably a case to be made that the plain cap toe is still more formal, but in practical terms it would be a distinction without a difference, IMO. Assuming the same colour, there aren't any circumstances that I have encountered where I would select the captoe over the austerity brogue on the basis of a difference in formality.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange