The Shabby Professor

Starting Member
I'm currently without a pair of laceup dress shoes, but I've found some at the local Regal shoes branch that I rather like. The thing is, they are made by Katharine Hamnett, who it seems is most well known for t-shirts. Has anyone owned men's shoes by this designer? Are they worth the price (around 200USD) and do they hold up?

Here's the pair I'm looking at, I like the creased cap toe and stitch:

Thanks in advance.

-val

StephenRG

Honors Member
they are made by Katharine Hamnett,

-val
The one thing I'm sure of is that they are not made by Katharine Hamnett. Branded by, yes, but made by some factory to KH spec. While I can see the point of saying, per DG123, if they fit, buy them, I'd want to know where they were made, and I'd want to inspect the leather more closely, for example. They could have been made in some cheapo factory and glossed up.

Bjorn

Those look like about a 100$ worth shoe. But I could be completely off. Go to 10 quality shoe brand stores (Crockett & Jones, AE, Alden, etc) and fiddle with as many shoes as you can then revisit these shoes and get a better feel for them.

If you like that look, Septieme Largeur or Carmina might have something. They are ok qual/$.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.