King Kullen

Howard

Connoisseur
I'm not quite sure if this is good news just yet but I will find out when I get there, I have an appointment at a King Kullen supermarket on Thursday at 1130am, not sure if they will take me or not but I hope so. By The Way, That King Kullen used to be Pathmark in 2010 before it went bankrupt a decade ago then The Union had transfered me to Pathmark which is now a Stop N Shop since 2015.

Howard

Connoisseur
Howard, keep your head up and your thoughts positive and your comments constructive...things will work out. ;)

Thanks Eagle, not sure what to expect but I may be pleasantly surprised, I haven't been in that neighborhood since they were Pathmark and they went bankrupt in 2010.

Howard

Connoisseur
The original supermarket! Kinda cool.

Good luck!

I was in that neighborhood from 2007-2010 then they went bankrupt so The Union had moved me to The Pathmark on Atlantic Avenue which is now a Stop N Shop, The original Pathmark when I was there, I can remember smashing my toenail when I was bringing up carts and then backing a few onto my first toe in December 2007 then after that I needed a podiatrist to fix my nail and after that it healed in about a year, that is one of my bad memories.

Howard

Connoisseur
Just yesterday I asked for a job application as a cart handler at King Kullen so I filled out the application at home and mailed it in so that maybe I will get a call but who knows when we'll see what happens, it's not easy looking for a job and searching for one. :(

Howard

Connoisseur
Got some very good news, just got a call from King Kullen about Quarter To 3 today and that must've been the manager I had met at the place, he asked me "Are you still looking for work" and I said to him "Yes I am" then I told him I worked for nearly 15 years altogether as a cart handler at Pathmark which is now a Stop N Shop, he also asked me "They couldn't find anything closer for you", I told him "No, they had nothing except Brooklyn which I was there for 10 years" so he will send my job application in and we'll see what happens if I get an interview or not, like they always say one door closes and another one opens. :)

Howard

Connoisseur
When they say they will "send in the job application", I'm thinking they mean to Human Resources for approval?

Howard

Connoisseur
I'm still waiting for King Kullen but also My Father will try to contact The union guy to see if they're any openings for Food Bazaar.

Howard

Connoisseur
I got some very good news, I have a talk with The manager at King Kullen on Tuesday The 8th at 10am, hopefully this will put me back in the union once again after being off for a month and a half, The manager called me and asked me "Are you still looking for work" and I replied "Yes I am" then I said "Thank You very much, Mr G." and "I will see you then". :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.