King Kullen

Howard

Connoisseur
Tomorrow's the day, hope I get the job, see you then. :)

And if I get the job it couldn't happen on a good day since tomorrow is My Brother's 26th anniversary since his passing, I'm sure he would've been smiling down on me. :)

Howard

Connoisseur
I have some good news and bad news, The good news is my job application was approved but the bad news is the store manager gave me a bunch of papers to fill out just to get back right into the union which My Father And I had filled out when I got home and that took about 2 hours to do so, then came the copying of some personal documents for the manager to put into his file then I had to call this number up just to receive a code and that was it, I will bring the papers back to the store manager by Thursday and hopefully by then I hope to be hired. I always thought it was a piece of cake just to get another job, I almost forgot about the papers. Well, at least it's some good news. :)

Howard

Connoisseur
My Father And I finished all those stacks of papers yesterday, Tomorrow I will bring them in to the store manager and await to see what happens afterwards if he will give me a time and date to start work or give me my schedule or hand me my outfit, I'm so excited and If I am hired then My Father can cancel those unemployment checks that I was supposed to recieve.

Howard

Connoisseur
In just about an hour I'm off to King Kullen to return those stacks of papers My Father And I had finished to hand over to the store manager, he told me that he'll be going on vacation the following week so most likely I might not hear back until the weekend or next week so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Howard

Connoisseur
Well, I think this will be good news, I handed the stack of papers to the store manager this morning and he looked it over, then he said "Everything looks good so I will process it now and give you a call on the weekend or next week, talk to you then". God gave me a second chance to not mess up, I learned my lesson and I'm glad to go back to the place where I used to work almost 15 years ago. :)

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think this will be good news, I handed the stack of papers to the store manager this morning and he looked it over, then he said "Everything looks good so I will process it now and give you a call on the weekend or next week, talk to you then". God gave me a second chance to not mess up, I learned my lesson and I'm glad to go back to the place where I used to work almost 15 years ago. :)
Howard:

BEST of luck!!!🍀

Howard

Connoisseur
Sunday afternoon and I'm still waiting for the manager to call back, don't know what's going on cause he said that he'd call either Saturday or Sunday, I'm a bit worried so maybe the manager will call before the store closes or maybe I'll get the call tomorrow.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Sunday afternoon and I'm still waiting for the manager to call back, don't know what's going on cause he said that he'd call either Saturday or Sunday, I'm a bit worried so maybe the manager will call before the store closes or maybe I'll get the call tomorrow.

My friend, just try to sit back and relax. Let the job offer come to you. Trying to rush things could lead to a less than favorable outcome! The store mananger might be waiting for confirmation from above. ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
My friend, just try to sit back and relax. Let the job offer come to you. Trying to rush things could lead to a less than favorable outcome! The store mananger might be waiting for confirmation from above. ;)
Yeah I guess you're right, I kind of thought he'd call yesterday to have me come in today to get my new schedule, new shirt and badge. He did say when I gave in my application that he'd be going on vacation the following week so possibly I might have to wait till he comes back.

127.72 MHz

Elite Member
Yeah I guess you're right, I kind of thought he'd call yesterday to have me come in today to get my new schedule, new shirt and badge. He did say when I gave in my application that he'd be going on vacation the following week so possibly I might have to wait till he comes back.

I get the feeling that the store manager may understand the situation Howard. The manager may have mentioned the fact that he will be on vacation because he can see how eager you are for the job and he does not want you to be disappointed each day that you do not receive a call.

I believe that there is reason for optimism. You must be patient.

Best regards Howard.

Howard

Connoisseur
Good News everyone, I start this Thursday, Friday and Saturday for right now as probably a trial period 10-2 (The morning shift) and he said afterwards if the job application happens to come back for some strange reason he will let me know before then so it's official I will see him on Thursday morning, thank you guys for giving me the confidence. :)

Troones

I was so happy he called me, I thought he forgotten, So Thursday I will most likely get the schedule, badge, shirt and the website where My Father And I can view my paystub.

This is great news Howard.

I’ve been watching this thread from the sidelines, as you received some great advice. What amazing support this online community offers!

I’ve experienced job loss myself and I know the pressure and upset it can cause. I’m so happy to hear you’re moving forward and starting fresh in a new job. Good for you!

Last edited:

Howard

Connoisseur
This is great news Howard.

I’ve been watching this thread from the sidelines, as you received some great advice. What amazing support this online community offers!

I’ve experienced job loss myself and I know the pressure and upset it can cause. I’m so happy to hear you’re moving forward and starting fresh in a new job. Good for you!

I also am trying to gain respect of My Parents again, it's hard when you tell them that you lost your job and they're both angry at you for something that you did on the job, I know what I did was wrong, I admit it was stupid and moving on from that piece of garbage neighborhood Brooklyn to a place where I used to work when it was Pathmark (Long Island) back in 2007-2010.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.