Lev353

Hello, I have posted a similar question about this sport coat’s quality and authenticity
in another forum, but a person did express their doubts about this jacket due to the stitching in the lining being " oddly uneven for a Kiton jacket" and I want some of this forum’s opinions just in case ;)

ItalianStyle

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I can't speak to the authenticity, but what's going on with the pattern alignments?

I do realize that the left side is hanging lower than the right side, but the alignments between (left) back and front and especially the lower part of left sleeve seem way off?
I have cheaper jackets with same type of checks that are better aligned.

Dhaller

Advanced Member
It might be Kiton fabric but it's obviously not Kiton tailoring; to call this "a Kiton" is pretty deceptive.

I'd pass (assuming you're still shopping.)

DH

Woofa

This is not a counterfeit. It has the same labeling etc that all my kitons and the ones I have handled have. Plus, while I never say never, I have yet to see definitive evidence of a counterfeit kiton sport coat. Other NWT items like leather jackets yes.
my guess is that similar to many sport coats this one was brought to a local tailor for alterations. very common for higher level clothing to need some adjustments. As to the quality of that work...very hard to tell from pics.
it is a kiton. Used and most likely had alterations made. If the seller has lots of sales and great feedback and allows returns then might be worth a chance depending on price. But, buying used clothes without being able to try on is always a little gamble. If you can stack the odds in your favor then sometimes you can hit a home run, but often times, looking for the shortcut yields difficult results.
a quick look on eBay I did not see this jacket for sale but I may have missed it. What is your buying option here?

Lev353

a quick look on eBay I did not see this jacket for sale but I may have missed it. What is your buying option here?
I have already purchased the item and received it. The seller gives a 30 day return policy, but I think I might keep it because it fits me well, especially the shoulders. I was just wondering about the jacket's authenticity because I have read some other posts that had obviously fake kitons.

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
... I think I might keep it because it fits me well, especially the shoulders.
Good for you. If it is what it is, $259 is a good price. Curious about something though. And am more familiar with chunky tweeds and Ralph Lauren Italian (Corneliani?) of which I have a few. But a less than 18" shoulder on a size 40 seems a wee narrow. Are you slim (or, hopefully, have a head smaller than mine)?

Lev353

Well, I am a small person, so the shoulder fit me well. I've noticed that many( majority) people purchase suit jackets that are 42R, which is way too large for me.

Lev353

The seller gives a 30 day return policy, but I think I might keep it because it fits me well, especially the shoulders.
I may keep it for at least for a weak and might return it if I change my mind due fit( because it is a little too long for me, about an inch) or due to a better deal on another jacket. I reached out to this forum to see the authenticity, because the pattern alignments did kinda thew me off, but considering that this jacket may have been altered, and it was, the jacket is most likely authentic, especially considering the the hand made button holes and full canvas.

Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Advanced Member
As pointed out prior, virtually all high end clothing will have been altered to some extent.

If you are wobbly on the item, simply send it back and fish some more. I send items back that don’t meet the eBay description or negotiate some additional discount due to seller oversight all the time. It is part of the SOP for legit online dealers.

Cheers,

BSR

CLTesquire

Someone tell me the concerns you're seeing about pattern matching. Alignment around those pockets is tough since they are open patch with one of the darts running through the pocket area.

I like the cloth. I don't love how high up the lapel rolls but that's a personal preference thing. Lapel buttonhole is obviously handmade, though it's a bit sloppy for what purports to be the best RTW garment one can purchase.

ItalianStyle

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
The misaligned pattern at the sleeve ends might not be that visible when you're wearing it and I actually do like the general look of it...

As mentioned, I can't speak to the authenticity of the jacket, but counterfeits are more prevalent among fashion brands than among style brands. The fashion brands (mediocre quality with a high mark-up due to the name) attract counterfeiters like flies because mediocre quality is easy to copy, so it's just a matter of getting the brand tags right.
In your case, I doubt anyone would go through the trouble of making a counterfeit cashmere (provided it IS cashmere) jacket with a good fit and even the little loop for the boutonniere stem.
But as I said... I'm not an expert...

Last edited:

Lev353

I send items back that don’t meet the eBay description or negotiate some additional discount due to seller oversight all the time. It is part of the SOP for legit online dealers.

BSR
Agreed. After a much more thorough look at the suit, I see the lining is pretty much falling off especially where alterations have been done. I will have to return it. But fabric was really nice though.

Matt S

Connoisseur
That's a very nice jacket, and it looks very authentic. Too bad the alterations weren't done by a competent tailor. If you were planning on alterations, a tailor could fix the lining.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.