TKI67

I have a wonderful Beretta pullover quarter zip that is lined and windproof and wool. It’s 20 yo and looks new. Best ever. Bean and Patagonia are both fashion companies these days. They’ve lost their outdoors bent, more outdoors style now. I’d look to Orvis.
Or the REI coop house brand.

Corcovado

I happen to own examples of both the LL Bean and the Patagonia. In fact I was wearing one over the other today. (It's 16 degrees today.) I am not an expert but I see no significant differences in construction quality. They are both very nice.

I like this style of jacket/sweater, especially for the zippered chest pocket. It's handy to put my phone in there and listen to podcasts while taking a walk. No earbuds necessary.

Old Road Dog

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I'm wearing a Better Sweater (Patagonia) as I write this... my second one in the light gray tweed in the last 10 years. I was gifted the same style and fabric from LL Bean a couple of years ago. I have since bought two more of this zip-front sweater style from Bean. The knit material appears to be identical in these brands. Patagonia styles theirs with a saddle shoulder, whereas, Bean's is a traditional set-sleeve. Other than that, and the logos, I would say that Bean's is the better buy at fifty dollars cheaper. LLB ships promptly while Patagonia can take two or more weeks to get.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.