Oscar098

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Anyone here has bought their shoes? They don't look stylish but look sturdy nonetheless.
Lof & Tung vs Carlos Santos. L&T's sole sticks out a little too much for my taste.

Last edited:

CLTesquire

Be fair now. Those are two different kinds of boots (the Santos is only 270 degree welted for example). Lof & Tung can do something with the sole closer to the upper:

Oscar098

I sent an email to Skoak and was told in their opinion they are more comfortable than CS. But they won't be ready till December or January. :(

Shawl Lapel

They look like a really nice house brand, and the GMTOs have really been taking off. I'm expecting (hoping) we'll see a resurgence of some crazy makeups like we did with Carmina back in the day. If L&T had a semi brogue I think I'd MTO one in their hatch shell...

Oscar098

I have some Dovers in Chestnut Utah and the leather is incredible. Super soft and comfortable. Not weather resistant though.
Hmm, Swedes designing a non-weather resistant pair of boots? Strange. Does this mean the leather is damaged by water?

I think I'd get a pair of CS Jodhpurs for now.

RogerP

Connoisseur
Utah leather is dreamy stuff. My Utah / suede Galways are just ridiculously comfortable. If I could remotely rationalize another pair of brown derby boots, I'd grab these in a heartbeat. A VERY compelling offering for the money, IMO.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Anyone here has bought their shoes? They don't look stylish but look sturdy nonetheless.
Lof & Tung vs Carlos Santos. L&T's sole sticks out a little too much for my taste.

Thanks for bring these folks to my attention, I'd never heard of them. They make some classically handsome footwear!

Lucido

Great looking boots but I agree that the welt could be trimmed a little closer and I'd have preferred them without the storm welt, even if it meant sacrificing a little weather resistance.

CLTesquire

Hmm, Swedes designing a non-weather resistant pair of boots? Strange. Does this mean the leather is damaged by water?

I think I'd get a pair of CS Jodhpurs for now.
The leather just kind of sucks up moisture. It’s apparent when polishing the shoes too...it just sucks up the cream polish. Country calf is a much more weather resistant grain. Zug would probably be one of the best.

momsdoc

Connoisseur
Utah leather is dreamy stuff. My Utah / suede Galways are just ridiculously comfortable. If I could remotely rationalize another pair of brown derby boots, I'd grab these in a heartbeat. A VERY compelling offering for the money, IMO.
Agreed. Except size 9 was sold out by the time the email notice arrived.

Not that I was tempted.:D

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.