Woofa

1587934459653.jpeg

this gentleman often poses on tof under the name poszetka and I assume he is involved with the menstore poszetka as this photo is on the frontpage.
I don’t think I knew that seersucker could be this rich of a fabric in a solid dark color and I really like the look. Has anyone here owned something like this? Thoughts, experiences? Looks like a great suit to have here in Dallas during the long hot summers.

vonSuess

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Looks good and is certainly inexpensive enough. I like that it is made to wear with suspenders and lacks belt loops. If it says where it's made, I didn't see it but I'm guessing Poland. I've never had a Polish suit that wasn't good quality...

Flanderian

Connoisseur
View attachment 43095
this gentleman often poses on tof under the name poszetka and I assume he is involved with the menstore poszetka as this photo is on the frontpage.
I don’t think I knew that seersucker could be this rich of a fabric in a solid dark color and I really like the look. Has anyone here owned something like this? Thoughts, experiences? Looks like a great suit to have here in Dallas during the long hot summers.
Very nice! :loveyou:

A very casually elegant choice for steamy weather. Especially love the cut of the trousers. While I'd require suspenders/braces, they look good either way for those with such a waist. ;)

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
View attachment 43095
That would be one great suit for here in central Florida during the hot and humid simmer months of the year! Got to find me one of those. ;)

delicious_scent

Looks good and is certainly inexpensive enough. I like that it is made to wear with suspenders and lacks belt loops. If it says where it's made, I didn't see it but I'm guessing Poland. I've never had a Polish suit that wasn't good quality...
How do we know it's inexpensive?

I couldn't find it on their website.

mhj

I've been on the hunt for one for a few years now since I saw someone wearing one. J. Press has it sold as separates (different cut of course) but I'm not willing to pay $600-$700 for something I'll only be able to wear a few times a year.

delicious_scent

I've been on the hunt for one for a few years now since I saw someone wearing one. J. Press has it sold as separates (different cut of course) but I'm not willing to pay $600-$700 for something I'll only be able to wear a few times a year.
Even if you broke it up into a navy blazer?

Titus_A

It's rather irritating that the only pictures at Poszetka are ones with the model standing in odd poses, so you can't ascertain a blasted thing about how it's cut. Does anyone have any insight on the fit?

mhj

I already have 2 wool navy blazers plus a bunch navy cotton and linen jackets. Plus I'm recently retired (and looking for another job) so I'm looking for excuses to wear them.

mhj

I finally one here on eBay

It's from a company in China and I paid just over $100. It arrived today and the fit is absolutely perfect, I can wear it right out of the box. The fabric seems decent, it's extremely light weight which is what you're looking for in seersucker. The jacket is a darted 3/2 roll and the trousers are plain front with side buckle adjusters. My only issue is that they didn't put cuffs on which I'll learn to live with.

delicious_scent

It's from a company in China and I paid just over $100. It arrived today and the fit is absolutely perfect, I can wear it right out of the box. The fabric seems decent, it's extremely light weight which is what you're looking for in seersucker. The jacket is a darted 3/2 roll and the trousers are plain front with side buckle adjusters. My only issue is that they didn't put cuffs on which I'll learn to live with.
pics?

CLTesquire

I had a solid navy seersucker suit made up from Samuelsohn last year. It was actually wool instead of cotton. Unfortunately the fabric ripped, I sent the suit back in for remake, but they were out of fabric. So no more solid seersucker suit for me.

It was pretty cool, literally and figuratively, while I had it.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I had a solid navy seersucker suit made up from Samuelsohn last year. It was actually wool instead of cotton. Unfortunately the fabric ripped, I sent the suit back in for remake, but they were out of fabric. So no more solid seersucker suit for me.

It was pretty cool, literally and figuratively, while I had it.
Wow, I never heard of wool seersucker before. I guess if "seersucker" is the weave (I'm out over my skis now), then there's no reason it couldn't be done.

How did it compare to a traditional cotton seersucker?

I'm sorry it ripped - I'm sure you thought of invisible weaving, but the damage was too great?

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Is the suit you purchased the same as the one brought up when we click on your ebay link? If so they are selling it for less than $70 now. Is the suit fabric cotton, cotton-poly blend or polyester? The ebay listing is not clear on this point, other than telling us the lining is polyester. :icon_scratch:;)

mhj

$70 is for just the jacket, if you click on the drop down you can choose it with pants.

It appears to be cotton but it's not labeled as to fabric.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.