Youngster

Understood. I was hoping that we could get a mod to sticky this to serve as a buyers guide for the new guys. US made stuff can be so hard to find, and a good list would really facilitate that. Little guys like leatherman ltd can't afford advertising and I think we, as trads, have a call to help keep them afloat. If American companies are to stay around it will have to be a grassroots movement to keep them alive until things get better. Believe me, I understand how the prevailing economic climate is making it harder and harder to do business in America. But there is still hope that that will change soon, and I hope that when US manufacture is truly viable again, there will still be some old guard left to lead the way.

Cardinals5

Honors Member
^^ Absolutely agree, Youngster. I, too, hope there will always be viable American manufactuerers of quality goods and our patronage is absolutely necessary to keep them afloat.

If we want to sticky this thead, someone other than me will have to PM AlanC, Jovan, or another mod and ask them to sticky it into the Hall of Fame threads sticky. It'll never be stickied onto the main board because there's limited space there.

Cardinals5

Honors Member
Thanks, TradMichael - I see Alan has added the thread to the Hall of Fame Thread stickies. While I realize everyone can't purchase American-made products all the time, hopefully this will be a resource for us to consider some smaller makers and help them (and ourselves :devil:) find some quality goods. I know that in compiling the list I saw a number of items that I added to my to-buy list.

philliefan

Starting Member
Bills Khakis made in U.S.A.

Cards, great list. FYI- Bills Khakis entire product line (pants, 5-pockets, shorts, woven shirts, knits, belts, sportcoats, and outerwear) are ALL manufactured in the U.S.

Cardinals5

Honors Member
I'm not sure of the tradness of this:
https://www.ramblersway.com/?utm_so...=ramblersway&gclid=CPfequODsqACFRkcawodsCFQUA

It's an eco-friendly, made in USA wool long-john company. My grandpa wore wool long johns and these sure are tradder than technical base layers. I think they bear inclusion.
I've never worn long johns, even when living in Minnesota and North Dakota, but those do look quite nice and sound comfortable. I'd say an excellent inclusion - and probably a lot more flexible than a union suit.

dmac

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
This is not a value judgment, but unless I am completely misreading his posts, the owner of Sam Hober ties has stated on this thread that none of his products are made in the US. Accordingly, it would be factually inaccurate to include that company on this list and I propose that it be removed.

katon

Grass Court - laying it on a little thick, but U.S. made. Supposedly their polo shirts aren't bad.
CEGO - Primarily deals in custom shirts, but some RTW stuff too. The fora seem to like CEGO boxers.

Last edited:

Luckycharmboi2

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I believe that Keys & Lockwood ties, which are available through O'Connells and www.mensapparel.com, are made in North Carolina.
Indeed they are. I have one I bought early in 09 and it was made in USA, and one i bought in '07, also made in USA. They put out some good regimental stripe ties, and the stripes slant the "correct" direction per the English style, as opposed to the direction brought to the US by BB.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange