drpeter

I've always loved military bands, so I was checking out a few and found some nice renditions of well-known pieces. Here they are, I hope you'll enjoy them as a bit of a reprieve from the relentless Virus news surrounding us night and day.

The following is as nice a rendition of The Battle Hymn of the Republic as I've ever heard. I find it stirring and quite beautiful. I also take heart in the mix of soldiers in the band, reflecting the mix of ethnicities in our country. And the conductor is superb! The US Military is an institution that this immigrant citizen feels proud about, even though my service experience was in another land.

The next one is familiar to those in both British and Indian forces, because both countries have Grenadier battalions, and naturally, overlapping traditions. This is The Grenadier Song complete with lyrics so you can sing along. It is often heard in the UK with various bands.

And last, but not least, one of my all-time favourite Scottish pieces, Wi' a Hundred Pipers. When I was a boy, the Indian Police Band would play this beautiful, evocative piece, as they marched in the Independence Day parade, and I have loved it ever since.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.