filbert_turtle

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
So I have a pair of slacks in a fantastic, dark forest green slightly hairy wool. These were bell bottoms, once, but I had the legs tapered and a pocket flap removed and voilá; fast-forward 50 years (although the belt loops might give me away). But now I don't know what to wear them with, particularly for a business-casual work environment.

Any tips for matching very dark green pants with a shirt and jacket?

Spex

Jacket wise I would imagine navy, brown and light-to-mid grey would look good.

Shirt wise I would stick with white, off-white, and blues. Pink would also look OK, however having both pink and green in the same outfit might be too much for some, as they are not necessarily colours that are seen on men as often (although I feel that a pink shirt is a classic colour for a men's shirt).

Quetzal

Suspended
Jacket wise I would imagine navy, brown and light-to-mid grey would look good.

Shirt wise I would stick with white, off-white, and blues. Pink would also look OK, however having both pink and green in the same outfit might be too much for some, as they are not necessarily colours that are seen on men as often (although I feel that a pink shirt is a classic colour for a men's shirt).
What?? Pink is not a regular color for a man's shirt? Oh dear, I've done it again...

Yes, a pink shirt with a deep red knitted tie would go well with green pants; I wear that combination for casualwear (my winter pants are military surplus, hence they are some shade of green). I say nix on the blazer (I've never really been a blazer guy, so don't take my word for it), but a sport coat of an earth-tone and mid-light gray just as orange fury and Spex said, respectively. Green itself for trousers is a very nice color; a way of looking fashionable (such as those neon-colored pants) but not sticking out in a bad way.

Depending on the shade of green, I would also suggest a corduroy coat; my only sport coat is a green/brown (more towards green) corduroy coat that I throw over my winter casualwear sometimes; otherwise I usually just wear a sweater over the shirt and tie, usually a brown, gray, or blue sweater (I don't really pay attention, as I designed my casualwear to correspond with every piece, that way I can throw something on and not look as though I came from an Anime cartoon).

-Quetzal

Spex

What?? Pink is not a regular color for a man's shirt? Oh dear, I've done it again...
Maybe things are different in Brookfield, but from what I've witnessed in my environment it is not a color most men own, although I think they should and it's certainly a staple in my closet.

My ideal colour distribution for dress shirts would be 50% blue, 30% pink, 20% white.

EclecticSr.

Maybe things are different in Brookfield, but from what I've witnessed in my environment it is not a color most men own, although I think they should and it's certainly a staple in my closet.

My ideal colour distribution for dress shirts would be 50% blue, 30% pink, 20% white.
Agree, Have perhaps 15 or more ranging from solid to gingham.

Quetzal

Suspended

I'm possibly the best-dressed man in Brookfield (and probably all of Southwestern Wisconsin), so whatever I do, people who "aspire to dress like me" usually do what I do (it's flattering, but I don't want everyone to do EXACTLY what I do).

As for the shirt, it's funny because I was involved in a discussion earlier this week about "gender roles" and the "real (the word "straight" was also used) men don't wear pink" thing came up; the combination that I described earlier in this thread was what I was wearing, leading to great embarrassment and many apologies, as nobody had realized what I had on that day (although I've been told that I dress well, most people tell me that I'm respected, not for the clothes, however, and that few would ever dare to challenge me on something that they know they will lose on, and I don't consider myself very intimidating; I've developed a reputation on being "very knowledgeable", but I really don't feel this way).

Actually, didn't Brooks Brothers popularize the pink Button-Down shirt in the 1950s?

-Quetzal

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.