• Staff

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
Starting a thread to create discussion focal point for our newly published Winter Style for Men article and for other cold weather dressing tips.

1575903036862.png

Other forum discussions related to dressing in winter:

Ask Andy Guide to Winter Coats

Best Winter Performance Fabrics

More Winter Coats

Advice on Winter Coats

Winter Wear

Cold Weather Gear

Winter Clothes

Last edited:

Howard

Connoisseur
Always try to dress as warm as possible so you don't catch cold or wind up with pneumonia, heavy coats or jackets, gloves, heavy set boots and warm hat.

paul winston

Advertiser
Two important guides to cold weather dressing:
1. Layers
2. Do NOT have clothing tight.
What keeps you warm is your own body heat. The layers keep the heat from escaping. The space allows a warm presence to exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

London380sl

I'll add two more things to above list:

3) Something to cover your neck such as a scarf
4) Something to cove your ears. Behind the head earmuffs are staple winter wear for me.

earmuffs.jpg

These two items make a HUGE difference to your comfort level in the cold.

Last edited:

paxonus

I'll add two more things to above list:

3) Something to cover your neck such as a scarf
4) Something to cove your ears. Behind the head earmuffs are staple winter wear for me.

View attachment 37891

These two items a HUGE difference to your comfort level in the cold.
Couldn't agree more about warm ears. Coming from Chicago, nothing is quite as miserable as being warmly booted and jacketed and having freezing ears.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.