Men's Wearhouse Clearance, with advice

TheBarbaron

Hi folks. I work for Men's Wearhouse, as many of you know. This weekend, in addition to the normal BOGO on regular merchandise, MW is offering 40% off all clearance items, including many that were recently marked down. While there are many products that aren't up to snuff, there are some great deals to be had. Things I recommend checking out-

Hickey Freeman suits (they are half-canvassed models, like the Milburn) for $299.99.
Jack Victor suits $119-239.
Joseph Abboud USA suits from $149-239 with a lot of sizes available.
Old Joseph Abboud (pre-MW foreign made white label, on par with RL Green or Calvin Klein) $59.99.
Pronto Uomo Signature (Italian made, half-canvas, our old top of the line) $119-239.
Jhane Barnes (slightly nicer than department store level) $89-120.
In addition to lots of sportcoats, non-iron dress shirts, and dress pants, and plenty of Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Kenneth Cole, Tommy Hilfiger (standard department store fare) at decent prices.

Obviously, not everyone here has any need for this, but for those of you on a shoestring budget, there may be some deals worth grabbing.

whitman

Starting Member
Hi folks. I work for Men's Wearhouse, as many of you know. This weekend, in addition to the normal BOGO on regular merchandise, MW is offering 40% off all clearance items, including many that were recently marked down. While there are many products that aren't up to snuff, there are some great deals to be had. Things I recommend checking out-

Hickey Freeman suits (they are half-canvassed models, like the Milburn) for $299.99.
Jack Victor suits $119-239.
Joseph Abboud USA suits from $149-239 with a lot of sizes available.
Old Joseph Abboud (pre-MW foreign made white label, on par with RL Green or Calvin Klein) $59.99.
Pronto Uomo Signature (Italian made, half-canvas, our old top of the line) $119-239.
Jhane Barnes (slightly nicer than department store level) $89-120.
In addition to lots of sportcoats, non-iron dress shirts, and dress pants, and plenty of Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Kenneth Cole, Tommy Hilfiger (standard department store fare) at decent prices.

Obviously, not everyone here has any need for this, but for those of you on a shoestring budget, there may be some deals worth grabbing.

Thank you for the notice about these sales. I am wondering, what do you mean not up to snuff for many products. Does that mean bad sizing or the stitching is bad or what?

Thank you

TheBarbaron

MW covers a broad segment of the tailored clothing market - some of the suits on the lower end are synthetic materials, or constructed with much less care than the higher end. The brands listed in my original post run from our middle to high end; for most AAAC members, that translates "from marginally acceptable to pretty good".

For someone trying to fill out their beginning wardrobe, definitely a ton of deals to be had; for someone with a high-quality wardrobe just looking to pick up a suit or two, there are a few options. If you have any questions about something you see, post again, and I'll be glad to give an honest opinion.

TheBarbaron

It's fall clearance time, and the next crop of Joseph Abboud suits have gone on clearance. There are a number of colors and fits (some online, some in stores) from $199-299 if anyone is looking to pick up one at a steal. Also a reasonable number of Jack Victors still kicking around.

zzdocxx

Honors Member
TB you are the best, a real credit to your company and an asset to this community.

I always liked the JA suits that they used to have at Nordstrom and the Rack, the cut seemed comfortable for my body type. Nice fabric too.

I wonder if the cut is similar in the MW version ?

TheBarbaron

I'm told the cut changed in no perceivable way, though the names of the cuts were altered.

Nordstrom used to have names like Signature Silver and Hudson; we've moved to just Modern, Slim, and Extreme Slim.

mreams99

I looked at what was left, and saw the following three that caught my attention in a 42L:
1. JOSEPH ABBOUD GRAY BIRDSEYE SLIM FIT SUIT
2. JACK VICTOR SELECT NAVY WINDOWPANE PLAID SLIM FIT SUIT
3. JOSEPH ABBOUD NAVY MODERN FIT SUIT
I am 6'3" and 195-200 pounds. My waist is normally in the 35" (or 34") range. I have long arms (36"-37" in a shirt) and legs. These suits are not available near me to try on.

Can you give me your recommendations?
Will there be another sale soon?