iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
@ran23 - Some of the ads here are what we refer to as demand network ads, and the ads you see won't necessarily be the same as what others see.

In some cases you'll see ads based on sites you have visited recently, or sites that have been visited by anyone else that uses your computer. In other cases, the ad system tries to deliver the most relevant ad based on any discernable demographics.

That said, if it can't find anything specific, it will show ads based on the brands that are paying publishers like us the most for the ad impression.

As I sit here typing this to you right now, I've seen ads for Sephora & Vivienne Sabo Pairs (a mascara ad), so clearly our ad demand network isn't perfect at showing me relevant ads. That said, sometimes it does a very good job.

As for why you're seeing Hispanic McDonald's ads-- if you visited any other Hispanic sites or Hispanic-related content recently, that's one possibility. The other possibility is that the ad network simply doesn't know what to show you, so it shows you the ad from the advertiser that is paying the most :)

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
@ran23 - well my friend - it looks as though there is a rogue ad that absolutely should not be happening on the site. You were 100% right.

We absolutely do not allow pop-up ads from our ad network, but sure enough, it looks like something has slipped through the cracks. We have set ad positions, like the one at the bottom, and sometimes people describe that as a pop-up.

I just experienced the very ad you described:

1603250552151.png

Without seeing the issue or getting screenshots like the above, it's hard to know exactly what a user is seeing. And even if they can describe it, if we can't show an example, our ad network provider can't investigate.

Now that I have an actual screen shot, I can escalate the issue right away.

I'll report this immediately.

127.72 MHz

Advanced Member
Desde que pasé unos años en un internado metodista en el norte de Nuevo México puedo decir honestamente que me gustan los anuncios en español!

Me dan la oportunidad de practicar,...

127.72 MHz

Advanced Member
^^ But I need a Spanish spell check,.....And I recorded myself speaking Spanish and while it's not completely butchered I have to speak very slowly to be understood.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals