TKI67

Mike has posted an interesting essay on Brooks Brothers on Timeless Style. As I don't keep up with TS I thought it useful to alert Trads to it since Brooks built its brand on Trad.

As I read it a strange reflection occurred. Once upon a time Abercrombie & Fitch was a wonderful store. When it underwent its change I imagine very few if any of its traditional customer base kept shopping there. Brooks Brothers made significant changes In the eighties and beyond, yet it has managed to retain some loyalty among its traditional clientele as evidenced by this colloquy.

Last edited:

Brooksfan

A thoughtful and articulate summary of what was probably inevitable but hastened by COVID19 and its economic impact. As a lifelong Brooks customer and admirer in many ways I look at this saga as a parallel to the U.S. auto industry-changing tastes and priorities redefined industry leaderships in so many areas.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.