zzdocxx

Honors Member
Thanks Shaver, that's my impression as well. Perhaps I should have asked if it might be a slightly different model. On Aspinal's own website, the croc wallets are $30USD more than the smooth leather, and Selfridges price point is more in line with those. BTW the Wheelers website photos are just lower res versions of those from the Aspinal site. Same shine though.

Last edited:

Howard

Connoisseur
It is rewarding to have a steady job. Keep it up Howard.

My own mother, who is more or less the same age as your mum, had a hip replacement recently. It is mother's day soon - I have my card, have you bought yours?

not yet but I will get to it when it gets close to the date.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Thanks Shaver, that's my impression as well. Perhaps I should have asked if it might be a slightly different model. On Aspinal's own website, the croc wallets are $30USD more than the smooth leather, and Selfridges price point is more in line with those. BTW the Wheelers website photos are just lower res versions of those from the Aspinal site. Same shine though.
None of the "Gators" we see around here sport that high gloss shine on their hides. The less finished design looks more natural. LOL ;)

zzdocxx

Honors Member
Woohoo, just got off the phone with Aspinal, and the model sold by Selfridges is the exact same wallet. She figures it is just the lighting used in their photos.

Need to run off to work now and will get back to this later.

Thanks for the input everyone, eh I didn't mean to hijack this thread!

:pirate:

Howard

Connoisseur
I think I may need to get a new wallet soon, I feel the pockets I carry my cards in might fall out one day and I'm going to be disappointed.

zzdocxx

Honors Member
I ordered a tyvek wallet, very small, everything fits very tightly, a little too tight in fact.
This style, maybe I should have got the same one in "soft shell" and things would fit more easily(?)
1614924514092.png

This color.
1614924374519.png

Saw an Aspinal of London online that I like, but at $200 I am holding off. It is an embossed "Brown Croc". I found an identical but black one on ebay, from Israel. With shipping it was 40something bucks. I'll see if I like it enough to order a the brown croc. One more thing the black one has the Aspinal logo embossed, not a metal one.
1614924676985.png
1614924698617.png

The black croc that I ordered.
1614924798029.png
1614925616924.png

I do check the "wirecutter" though I feel it is not as good as it used to be. Out of the ones they recommend I liked this one by leatherology..
The inside design is like the lower pick below. Actual wallet is upper pic..
1614925775118.png

1614925391321.png

Pretty sure I did not order one of these yet.

Attachments

Last edited:

eagle2250

I ordered a tyvek wallet, very small, everything fits very tightly, a little too tight in fact.
This style, maybe I should have got the same one in "soft shell" and things would fit more easily(?)
View attachment 55379
This color.
View attachment 55378

Saw an Aspinal of London online that I like, but at $200 I am holding off. It is an embossed "Brown Croc". I found an identical but black one on ebay, from Israel. With shipping it was 40something bucks. I'll see if I like it enough to order a the brown croc. One more thing the black one has the Aspinal logo embossed, not a metal one.
View attachment 55380 View attachment 55381
The black croc that I ordered.
View attachment 55383 View attachment 55386

I do check the "wirecutter" though I feel it is not as good as it used to be. Out of the ones they recommend I liked this one by leatherology..
The inside design is like the lower pick below. Actual wallet is upper pic..
View attachment 55387
View attachment 55385

Pretty sure I did not order one of these yet.
All nice choices I suspect. However, the greatest challenge is "how do we pick just one?" Perhaps a collection of wallets is in order...Hell, the women do that with their purses and rotate trhough them, just as we men have of shoe rotations! LOL. ;)

eagle2250

Colonel Littleton Leather sells a number of minimalist wallet designs. I have a design #102 (I think it is) that is functionally just a leather money clip, with a slot for ID and Credit Cards added for good measure. It replaced a stainless steel and silver money clip I had carried for years. ;)

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
For those who only carry credit cards (no cash), this wallet may be of interest:

https://www.rullus.com/wallet

We're currently talking with them about possibly becoming an affiliate partner here (not confirmed yet), but since this discussion resurfaced, figured it would be worth mentioning them.

1615310882245.png

1615310907578.png

1615310942665.png

Howard

Connoisseur
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.