zzdocxx

Honors Member
I'll be dipped. What I ordered wasn't quite what I thought it was.

The pics were accurate, I just didn't pick it up.

I thought I was getting the regular slim wallet, but it is actually a card holder with a money clip.

Funny so many people here prefer a money clip anyway.

It even says money clip billfold in the description, oh well I could give it a try.

But I sort of prefer having my bills on the inside.

Here's the link, I don't know how I misconstrued it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254856783239?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

Meanwhile the slim Tyvek wallet is working out OK. The main issue is that it is so small it is easy to lose track of it.

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
I just looked back through this thread. For those looking for something purely functional and inexpensive, this minimalist wallet is still for sale on Amazon.

1619445865549.png

1619445896191.png

Though, I am tempted to try something a bit pricier from Bullstrap or Ridge (mentioned prior in this thread).

Maybe I'll take @eagle2250's advice and start a collection of wallets :)

TKI67

Elite Member
I just looked back through this thread. For those looking for something purely functional and inexpensive, this minimalist wallet is still for sale on Amazon.

View attachment 57205

View attachment 57206

Though, I am tempted to try something a bit pricier from Bullstrap or Ridge (mentioned prior in this thread).

Don't go there. Transferring things from wallet to wallet is a PITA. My beautiful black Mark Cross breast pocket with the deep brownish red interior languishes in my dresser, sadly reflecting on when we lived in a big city and wore suits six days a week.

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Presently I make do with just two wallets; a Colonel Littleton Bison hide #102 Front Pocket wallet and an Allen Edmond's #8 Shell Cordovan Bi-Fold. The Colonel Littleton wallet housed cash, one ID card, a Good RX membership card and one credit card. My AE Wallet is loaded for bear (in terms of credit cards), my USAF Retired ID card, various membership cards and cash. I carry the one that mast matches my planned activities for the day! ;)

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
Presently I make do with just two wallets; a Colonel Littleton Bison hide #102 Front Pocket wallet and an Allen Edmond's #8 Shell Cordovan Bi-Fold. The Colonel Littleton wallet housed cash, one ID card, a Good RX membership card and one credit card. My AE Wallet is loaded for bear (in terms of credit cards), my USAF Retired ID card, various membership cards and cash. I carry the one that mast matches my planned activities for the day! ;)
Which one carries your drivers license? Do you have to switch it from wallet to wallet? That would be a serious deal-breaker for me.

Last edited:

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
^^^
Maine (which on a space map is just to the left of Neptune) allows you to apply for a duplicate license on line. Two weeks later it comes in the mail complete with the lousy picture you had taken at the DMV. Cost, $5. I have two. One for my lobster skin wallet and one for the glove compartment for when I forget to take the lobster one from under the mattress.

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
^^^
Maine (which on a space map is just to the left of Neptune) allows you to apply for a duplicate license on line. Two weeks later it comes in the mail complete with the lousy picture you had taken at the DMV. Cost, $5. I have two.
That's actually pretty cool that you can get a duplicate license. Looks as though my state offers that as well. One thing quite impressive about getting a license in South Dakota, is that they can print your license on-the-spot at the driver exam station. So, no waiting for it to arrive in the mail!

When traveling abroad, I keep a couple laminated copies of my passport hidden a way in a couple of places -- just in case.

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
^^^
Maine (which on a space map is just to the left of Neptune) allows you to apply for a duplicate license on line. Two weeks later it comes in the mail complete with the lousy picture you had taken at the DMV. Cost, $5. I have two. One for my lobster skin wallet and one for the glove compartment for when I forget to take the lobster one from under the mattress.
Interesting. I'll have to check out Georgia.

Howard

Connoisseur
I have 1 wallet that carries my couple of cards and some money and I also have an extra wallet on my desk for just in case the wallet I own now, falls apart.

Mute

View attachment 57205

View attachment 57206

I'm using something very similar. Different leather but otherwise same design. I have too many things I need to keep with me and only a design like this would work. Also, I carry my cash separate from my wallet. On top of this, I have a separate business card carrier. Anyways, this style works very well for me. It never feels bulky.

zzdocxx

Honors Member
Not sure this will work for me. Very nice wallet/billfold though.

I'm wondering, if I found someone that would like to have it, what would be the best way to send it?

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
if I found someone that would like to have it, what would be the best way to send it?
Do you mean the money clip billfold you just purchased on eBay? You want to sell it and ship it to someone? If so, I'd recommend using USPS Priority Mail, and add Signature Required.

You're welcome to list it on our Deals & Steals board too if you like :)

If you're referring to the Harber London wallet, I suspect they have several shipping options to select from during checkout.

zzdocxx

Honors Member
Do you mean the money clip billfold you just purchased on eBay? You want to sell it and ship it to someone? If so, I'd recommend using USPS Priority Mail, and add Signature Required.

You're welcome to list it on our Deals & Steals board too if you like :)

If you're referring to the Harber London wallet, I suspect they have several shipping options to select from during checkout.
Yes that's right I was referring to the Aspinal of London billfold. I'm a front pocket wallet guy and this is a bit stiff and square I think for that purpose.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.