Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Other than the abominable sweater tied around his neck, it looks pretty good. Although, if we are looking at an expanse of snow in the background, perhaps that nice blue sweater has a role in this picture! It's all about functionality. ;)
I thought it might be water behind him, but my computer in now six years old, so who know what kind of resolution is left on my screen.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I thought it might be water behind him, but my computer in now six years old, so who know what kind of resolution is left on my screen.
I once had a six year old computer, that was quite some years back, but just like a Timex, "it takes a licking and keeps on ticking!" Although, these days it sometimes makes a pond on a golf course look like a snowfield:D. Thanks for the added perspective. Have a a Happy Easter. ;)

drpeter

Not sure what sort of computers you are talking about, but my 2014 vintage desktop Dell XPS 8700 with its 24" Ultrasharp monitor is still going strong. The screen is as clear as ever, but once in a great while, it has a tendency to go alarmingly black, then come back on again after I press firmly on one of the plugs -- it is a loose connection that I can fix by getting a new power cord, but it does not bother me very much any more. The plug goes into the monitor's bottom so it is inserted upward into the socket. I think over time gravity weakens the contact -- at least that is what I think is happening.

Other than this issue, the screen is great. I often watch some foreign films on it -- those that I can't get hold of, but are on Youtube. Very clear images. I might get a new machine this year or the next. though, just so that the hardware can keep up. I'm still running Windows 7, and I am not sure this machine can easily run Windows 10. In any case, I am going to be doing most of my computing with Linux Mint as the OS of choice.

drpeter

I love the idea of children and parents wearing clothes that reflect similar styles and colours. it reminds me of a photograph I saw once -- a father in his late twenties and a son in his seventh or eighth year, both sporting mohawks! Like the one below, although this is not the one I saw:

1617619292496.png

Last edited:

drpeter

Definitely pleats have never left us. Although the majority of my clients are now tending to prefer the forward pleats as opposed to the reverse pleats that for a long time have been seen as a more modern style.
personally I love having two pleats due to my larger proportion but in Asia they love the plain fronts option.
I have had trousers with forward pleats for a long time, although I have plenty of plain front and reverse pleats models as well. These days, I have a slight preference for plain fronts, usually with turnups or cuffs. All these models are great with khakis and grey flannels, which constitute almost 90% of my daily wear.

bigbobbailey

Starting Member
I have had trousers with forward pleats for a long time, although I have plenty of plain front and reverse pleats models as well. These days, I have a slight preference for plain fronts, usually with turnups or cuffs. All these models are great with khakis and grey flannels, which constitute almost 90% of my daily wear.
Definitely plain fronts are more popular just now. Although not so many orders with turnups these days. But I think casual trousers with a good turnup on look amazing for sure 👌

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
Just noticed/realized something. Have always disliked the sweater tied around the neck thing. But the kid above, it's loosely thrown over the shoulder and loosely knotted far below usual. So I sorta like, along with the hat from the first guy, but I may have already mentioned that. (Did you catch the clever link between photographs. Hint, think bicycle. Oops. Think I just spoiled it.)

Last edited:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
The color of the pants, is too glaring to go with the rest of the outfit.
I thought, if you are going to wear a version of Nantucket Reds as part of a sport-coat-and-tie combo, this one worked pretty well for also being pretty aggressive.

It's not something I'd do as, in particular, I'd drop one pattern out of the three (shirt, sport coat and tie).

Perhaps Ralph is wearing me down as he does so many really out-there things that the stuff on the bubble, like this outfit, doesn't bother me anymore.

I love the liner of the raincoat - nice touch.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.