eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Apropos of yesterday's conversation, it's this type of stuff from Ralph that softens me up for the less-extreme outfits like in the pic I posted yesterday.
View attachment 56737
:crazy: Oh mu....I must be way more out of touch with high fashion than I thought. Although I could use a couple of those sweatshirts emblazoned with R. L. Wolves Athletic Dept., as they would make great gifts for the grand sons . The boys have wrestled three and four years respectively for the Timber Creek High School as members of the TCHS Wolf Pack! ;)

TKI67

Advanced Member
These convey complex messages. "Just because it's cold enough for a sweat shirt and fur lined moccasins, you should still wear some Madras because you might be overtaken by climate change." "Having and caring for a dog is a serious responsibility. It will require buying bucket hats." "A real outdoorsman doesn't go out to catch fish. He floats down the river in an inner tube so that he won't feel compelled to work a pool where trout are lurking. It doesn't really matter. That's why it's ok to use a big rod with 8 wt or heavier on a small stream." Yessir, Ralph has been sending us visual clues to complex matters.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
RL 1967 Sport Coat.jpg

That is Ralph's "1967" sport coat.

A few years back, I bought that exact model on-line because, well, I love black and white herringbone (the above pic is fuzzy, but that's what it is).

But I returned it as the 40L was (from memory) 29" in length, which is too short for my body even in this time of shorter-length jackets.

IMO, the model's is too short on him as well

Last edited:

Tweedlover

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I don't mean to offend Ralph or the model, but those jeans are so tattered and patched, they remind me of the kind of clothes farmers used to put on scarecrows! Not sure if they still plant scarecrows in fields.
Forget pairing those jeans with any jacket. Even as casual wear, I wouldn't wear them. While I'll hang onto a tattered pair just in case there's some messy work to be done, those would get tossed before they reach that stage.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Forget pairing those jeans with any jacket. Even as casual wear, I wouldn't wear them. While I'll hang onto a tattered pair just in case there's some messy work to be done, those would get tossed before they reach that stage.
I agree, it's just the crazy stuff that "fashion" does on the runway and in its ads. I don't get it, but there it is.

99% of the people I see, even in fashion-centric NYC, aren't wearing these "fashion" clothes.

Yes, I'll occasionally see someone in a full-on fashion getup and, yes, I'll see a "fashion" item as part of someone's outfit now and then, but very few dress even close to these "fashion" ads.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.