challer

I feel like one of my favorite Ivy-era pants, wheat jeans, belongs in this conversation somehow. I've loved them for years as they do kind of bridge the gap between chinos and jeans and they have an Ivy tie in. I believe they were more popular on the west coast, but that's about that extent of my knowledge.
I would add the current Peter Millar Crown five pockets with a bit of stretch are pretty awesome. Words I never thought I'd say. Picked up some nantucket reds of this design at 1/2 off during a sale and liked them so much, bought more at full price.

TKI67

Elite Member
;)Alas, I an saddened by the obvious waste of such a nice coat. Now get rid of the sweater tied around his waist, tuck in his shirt and turn down it's collar, roll the coat sleeves back the way they should be and take his damn hands out of his pocket. Then we would be looking at a nic picture of a handsome young gentleman.
O winged one, I have a new nickname for you, Mr. Sprezzatura!

TKI67

Elite Member
I agree, I like that outfit. I could nitpick, but especially for the setting, it's darn good.
It isn't an outfit I'd put together, but for what it is, I would be hard pressed to change anything. Mr. Sprezzatura would, of course, admonish the young man to take his hands out of his pockets and unroll his cuffs. What other nits would you pick with the gent in the top frame? Of course the chap in the middle frame badly needs a long trench coat buttoned to the neck and some suitable footwear. Yikes!

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
It isn't an outfit I'd put together, but for what it is, I would be hard pressed to change anything. Mr. Sprezzatura would, of course, admonish the young man to take his hands out of his pockets and unroll his cuffs. What other nits would you pick with the gent in the top frame? Of course the chap in the middle frame badly needs a long trench coat buttoned to the neck and some suitable footwear. Yikes!
The rolled up cuffs don't bother me as, in theory, they could be the result of him earlier in the day having taken off his espadrilles to walk along the water's edge. But to your question, I've never been a fan of the crew-neck collar - T-shirt or sweater - by itself with a sport coat. Also, I'm not a fan of the contrasting green collar band on the shirt; IMO, it's an unnecessary add.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.