More from Ralph

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
0c636f83a6e6681d8c791962bb8559ae-01.jpeg

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
Posted earlier and brought back because...

Screenshot_20210528-161516-01-02.jpeg

...it doesn't end with a cool baseball tie-in poster. Nooooo, there's more. Step right up, get'em while they're hot, RALPH'S HOT DOGS...

Screenshot_20210610-224626-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20210610-224640-01.jpeg

This thing is going to travel around the country this summer, visiting various MLB parks. Take me out to the Ralph Game, buy me some peanuts and cra...

TKI67

Elite Member
Posted earlier and brought back because...

View attachment 58867

...it doesn't end with a cool baseball tie-in poster. Nooooo, there's more. Step right up, get'em while they're hot, RALPH'S HOT DOGS...

View attachment 58868
View attachment 58869
This thing is going to travel around the country this summer, visiting various MLB parks. Take me out to the Ralph Game, buy me some peanuts and cra...
That dog and fries go great with any outfit! I want home made lemonade with mine, please.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

While I freely acknowledge and do appreciate the undeniable popularity of patchwork Madras jacket designs, I can't say they are for me. Years ago I bought a BB version of same and over the course of four years of ownership (I think), I could work up the nerve to wear the jacket just three (possibly four) times. It eventually made the one way trip to the local Goodwill Store. :(;)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
While I freely acknowledge and do appreciate the undeniable popularity of patchwork Madras jacket designs, I can't say they are for me. Years ago I bought a BB version of same and over the course of four years of ownership (I think), I could work up the nerve to wear the jacket just three (possibly four) times. It eventually made the one way trip to the local Goodwill Store. :(;)

In today's world, I'd struggle to get comfortable wearing a straight madras sport coat let alone upping the ante by choosing a patchwork one.

We've talked about it before, but as the world has moved aggressively away from suits, jackets, ties, etc., even in what were once "dress up" venues like an office, nice restaurant or at a funeral, you often stand out wearing a simple navy blazer and grey slacks.

Hence, unless you want your clothes to be a topic of conversation (fine if you do), then wearing what were the bolder choices of the past - like patchwork madras or, say, a pink seersucker suit - is pretty much like screaming "look at me" today.

Thirty years ago, you could wear a madras sport coat to drinks at a nice place in the summer and no one would think twice about it; today, just wearing a plain navy sport coat will often get a "why so dressed up" comment.

Tweedlover

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
In today's world, I'd struggle to get comfortable wearing a straight madras sport coat let alone upping the ante by choosing a patchwork one.

We've talked about it before, but as the world has moved aggressively away from suits, jackets, ties, etc., even in what were once "dress up" venues like an office, nice restaurant or at a funeral, you often stand out wearing a simple navy blazer and grey slacks.

Hence, unless you want your clothes to be a topic of conversation (fine if you do), then wearing what were the bolder choices of the past - like patchwork madras or, say, a pink seersucker suit - is pretty much like screaming "look at me" today.

Thirty years ago, you could wear a madras sport coat to drinks at a nice place in the summer and no one would think twice about it; today, just wearing a plain navy sport coat will often get a "why so dressed up" comment.
Been retired a bit over 2 years but worked in a professional healthcare setting. Most of the time I wore a sport coat with tie and occasionally a suit. Sometimes my colleagues would ask why I was so dressed up to which I would reply I liked the clothes. Frankly, some of my colleagues took casual work clothes to the point of looking like they slapped on something you'd throw on at home on the weekend. 1 guy nearly always wore T-shirts and jeans.

TKI67

Elite Member

It is exactly as you describe it, but I have found an exception. Episcopal churches are populated by Boomers, many of whom still wear things like madras and seersucker!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.