drpeter

Cricket! I'm all for it, it's my beloved old sport, and a great way to pass a Saturday afternoon back then.
Almost thirty years ago, when I was on sabbatical at the University of Illinois, I used to join a group of younger men from the five major cricketing nations -- Australia, England, India, Pakistan and the West Indies for afternoon play on a cricket pitch the university provided for them. Great fun!0

I ended up with a broken finger after attempting a difficult catch (fielders do not wear gloves unlike baseball). But as usual, we repaired to a favourite pub and a few drams of Glenfiddich eased the pain of the broken finger.

All that said, no cricket player in the world would be dressed the way Ralph has him outfitted. The white trousers are all right, but not the shirt or collar or necktie (!) or braces. But that is part of the RL approach. They get these things wrong most of the time.

drpeter

All that white? That is not a rig in which one should play any sport, except perhaps he is intending to spank his amore' with the paddle seen tucked under his right arm. Now that would be a dangerous sport, eh? ;)
A cricket bat would be very dangerous for spanking anyone. As a cricket player, I would advise great caution to spanking enthusiasts, LOL.

By the way, Eagle, there used to be just two people on a cricket field who would wear ties: The two umpires. The umpires' uniform was a longish white coat, white shirt, dark solid tie, black trousers, white shoes and a white cap. Here's legendary umpire David Shepherd, dressed to perfection, giving "an out", that is, approving the bowler's dismissal of a batsman with a strike on the stumps or a catch taken by a fielder:

1604840158579.png

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^
I think we may be looking at a Spring 2005 catalogue, rather than a magazine., with several articles thrown in for good measure. Just a thought. I like the rig, but wish the young gentleman's mama had taught him better so that he might know to keep his hands out of his pockets! Just a thought.
;)

TKI67

^^
I think we may be looking at a Spring 2005 catalogue, rather than a magazine., with several articles thrown in for good measure. Just a thought. I like the rig, but wish the young gentleman's mama had taught him better so that he might know to keep his hands out of his pockets! Just a thought.
;)
He needs to attend to his gig line, too!

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Sloppy but tasteful. I have always loved such plaids, and I have paired with mine a bow tie with pretty much the same pattern as his pocket square.
I like the sport coat's pattern as well. It's a bit hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the polo shirt has a "structured" collar which, in theory, looks better than a traditional polo shirt collar when paired with a sport coat. But as you note, with the general sloppiness of it, it's hard to tell.

TKI67

I like the sport coat's pattern as well. It's a bit hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the polo shirt has a "structured" collar which, in theory, looks better than a traditional polo shirt collar when paired with a sport coat. But as you note, with the general sloppiness of it, it's hard to tell.
I wondered about the collar as well. It made me feel more au courant with my O'Connell's polos which have that extra button.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals