drpeter

The breast pocket flap on the jacket is high functional, preventing adding a PS
I am unclear what this means. Did you intend to say "highly functional"? And what is a PS? I thought of Polo Shirt, obviously, but it did not make sense given the context. Also, earlier you referred to OCUD shirts, and that escaped me too. (Google was not much help in either case).

Perhaps these abbreviations are something very obvious that I'm missing -- you know, I'm getting old!

Last edited:

TKI67

Elite Member
"High" should have been "highly."
PS = Pocket square, an abbreviation I have seen used here in the past.
OCUD is my own creation, made up especially for Ralph. It stands for Oxford Cloth Unbuttoned Down. 😜

upr_crust

Connoisseur
I can see @upr_crust wearing today's Ralph outfit. While he usually puts more color in his outfits, he does, occasionally, lean monochromatic. I can just easily see Upr wearing that entire ensemble.
I could certainly see myself wearing the suit, though I might be a little less adventuresome in mixing my patterned accessories, and yes, on occasion, I do go monochromatic - not often, but it does happen.

drpeter

"High" should have been "highly."
PS = Pocket square, an abbreviation I have seen used here in the past.
OCUD is my own creation, made up especially for Ralph. It stands for Oxford Cloth Unbuttoned Down. 😜
I thought it might be unbuttoned, but had never seen that used before, LOL. And I should have figured out PS for pocket square since it makes good sense with the pocket flap. Thans for the clarifications, old boy! One lives and learns.

TKI67

Elite Member
I thought it might be unbuttoned, but had never seen that used before, LOL. And I should have figured out PS for pocket square since it makes good sense with the pocket flap. Thans for the clarifications, old boy! One lives and learns.
I have a messed up penchant for acronyms and making up names. They never catch on.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
A sedate overall impression despite mixing plaids and another horizontally striped shirt. The breast pocket flap on the jacket is highly functional, preventing adding a PS. I love PS, but with that outfit I shudder to think what might have been selected. A black and white M.C.Escher, perhaps?
Nice suit and tie but the shirt is unacceptable.

Old Road Dog

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Sample size for men's fashion models is typically 40R. When the cut of that jacket and the sweater are factored in, that sample should have been 41R , but samples are made one time, at the very start of the selling cycle. That model looks uncomfortable, and a bit foolish, but he gets paid for it.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I do love the look of the rig, but certainly not the fit...he looks like 3 pounds stuffed in a two pound sack! ;)
Sample size for men's fashion models is typically 40R. When the cut of that jacket and the sweater are factored in, that sample should have been 41R , but samples are made one time, at the very start of the selling cycle. That model looks uncomfortable, and a bit foolish, but he gets paid for it.
I agree with this ⇧ but would add that I think a 41L would be an even better choice.

That said, there's a lot going on in that outfit - more patterns in one than I'd ever attempt - but I like it anyway.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange