More from Ralph

TKI67

Elite Member
This reminds me of an event at my school called Senior Gross Day. Boys wore hideous combinations, often digging out ties from the forties and garish jackets. I wore a fairly fitted rust colored Harris Tweed herringbone with a belted bi-swing back, a vest in McLeod tartan (bright yellow being a major element), a white point collar shirt, and an olive challis bowtie. If it were posted in color on this thread it would actually seem pretty put together and sedate for Ralph, but for the day I wore it, it was conceived as the epitome of bad taste.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
bd295b712656d1e7be952d12454ed0f9.jpg

Old Road Dog

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
That blazer, in doeskin flannel, is my sole remaining piece of PRL clothing; given to me a few years ago by a former colleague who got it while working at the Chicago Polo store. I also have that silk knit tie. What is missing is an appropriate Polo flannel trouser. At one time (the 1980's), my entire wardrobe including footwear, was Polo.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
That blazer, in doeskin flannel, is my sole remaining piece of PRL clothing; given to me a few years ago by a former colleague who got it while working at the Chicago Polo store. I also have that silk knit tie. What is missing is an appropriate Polo flannel trouser. At one time (the 1980's), my entire wardrobe including footwear, was Polo.

I thought it was a beautiful representation of a classic look with the tie bringing in a bit of freshness. I think you should add the trousers as you'd then have a heck of a nice outfit.

TKI67

Elite Member
One thing I loved about Ralph's pants from the '80s is how beautifully they draped. In the 1966 era the flannels favored by southern preps billowed just a tad, evoking but fortunately not copying Oxford bags. Ralph used that look very effectively in the '80s.

The PRL doeskin blazer was a bit of a grail item. Perfection in each detail.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Ralph seems to be stuck on using the year of his company's founding as a styling theme. I get it, but my desire to advertise that and spend hundreds of dollar to do it is non-existent.

So, I assume you won't be purchasing the "I ❤ Polo" cardigan in the bottom pic either.

I just don't get it, but as we note all the time, they must be selling this stuff to somebody or they wouldn't make it.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Serviceable. Probably give it about a seven and a half. I am not a fan of the stripe. Although he shows better than PRL average ability to cover his belt, he still fails to complete the task.

I wondered about the belt thing too as it seems neither to show the belt, as most Ralph ads, do nor cover it.

Old Road Dog

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Fred, I think you are correct. I like the lapel seen lately, but the coat length and vertical proportion is still way too short and overall too tight. I get a little claustrophobic just looking at the ads; like getting caught in an elevator stopped between floors. A full-body face mask.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.