Most Tradly-Attired Television Character

wheredidyougetthathat

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Gotta be this one, no? Not least because, with the posible exception of Batman, never has an outfit been so much a part of the character.

darren25.jpg

Patrick06790

Connoisseur
The Night Stalker is the undisputed King of Trad on television All others are mere pretenders to the throne.

And offhand I can't really think of too many others.

The young Chris Noth as "Detective Logan" in Law and Order did a lot of blue buttondowns and plaid ties.

Tucker

Of those currently on the air...

Sam Waterston in Law & Order. Waterston attended Brooks, Groton and Yale. His character typically wears charcoal or navy suits with a striped repp tie. I also recall seeing him wear a Barbour jacket.

Not the right tie, but I like the shirt.

Edit: Also, Russell Johnson as "The Professor" on Gilligan's Island. White OCBD, plain-front chinos, blue canvas deck shoes.

Last edited:

Brownshoe

septa said:
Sam Waterston's Assistant DA in Law and Order. Usually a brooks repp tie, sack suit and OCBD. Quite good.

Actually, never a sack suit--those are darted and pleated numbers. Love that flap pocket, though, and his burgundy knit tie.

I think Waterston is actually a bit more tradly on "I'll Fly Away."

Wayfarer

Honors Member<br>P-Bomb
My wife has a guilty pleasure type show she watches, The Gilmore Girls, and there is a grandfather character who strikes me as pretty Tradly. He even seems to wear only bow ties. I believe he is the same gentleman that was a Chrysler spokesman several years ago, rather tall with glasses.

Warmest regards

Laxplayer

Honors Member, <br>Varsity Captain
Wayfarer said:
My wife has a guilty pleasure type show she watches, The Gilmore Girls, and there is a grandfather character who strikes me as pretty Tradly. He even seems to wear only bow ties. I believe he is the same gentleman that was a Chrysler spokesman several years ago, rather tall with glasses.

Ok, I admit it...I watch Gilmore Girls with my wife. The actor is Edward Herrmann (Richard Gilmore). He plays a Yale educated insurance executive who lives in Hartford. Richard is almost always seen wearing bows, and I have seen several sacks worn as well.

Last edited:

Doctor Damage

Connoisseur
wheredidyougetthathat said:
Gotta be this one, no? Not least because, with the posible exception of Batman, never has an outfit been so much a part of the character.
So who is that? Forgive me for asking, I didn't watch much TV as a kid.

Laxplayer

Honors Member, <br>Varsity Captain
Doctor Damage said:
Thanks, before my time.
Here he is in a nice sack with patch pockets, apparently necessary clothing for fending off the undead...

Before mine too; I wasn't born for another 5 years after the show ended. My dad liked the show and I recently bought the DVD from Universal Studios.

thirdman

Patrick06790 said:
The young Chris Noth as "Detective Logan" in Law and Order did a lot of blue buttondowns and plaid ties.

Actually I think he always wore the same plaid tie... not so much trad, as poor detective who has to wear a tie to work. I think I've seen the same plaid tie on him now that he's on L&O:CI.

And I'm not sure that tv shoes from the 50's/60's count as 'Trad' considering it was what 'Trad' is emulating

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange