Most Tradly-Attired Television Character

Hardiw1

Andy from "The Office" was wearing a 3/2 sack suit on tonight's new episode.

d5509128.jpg

Urbnhautebourg

I thought of you guys when I saw that jacket last night. My wife even noticed it--"don't you have that coat?"

You know where to see a lot of sack coats? Mork & Mindy. Mindy's dad, the fellow who runs the music shop, is always sporting a 3/2 roll, as is the neighbor Tom Poston. We bought my young daughters the first season on DVD and they often remark that Mindy's dad dresses a lot like their own dad.

FJW

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Tom Selleck...currently the patriarch of the Reagan family and the NYC Police Commissioner on CBS's "Blue Bloods"

LouB

I thought of you guys when I saw that jacket last night. My wife even noticed it--"don't you have that coat?"<br>
<br>
You know where to see a lot of sack coats? Mork &amp; Mindy. Mindy's dad, the fellow who runs the music shop, is always sporting a 3/2 roll, as is the neighbor Tom Poston. We bought my young daughters the first season on DVD and they often remark that Mindy's dad dresses a lot like their own dad.

Two-button tweed jacket

conrad-janis-2-sized.jpg

Hardiw1

The Dalai Lama goes to a Pizza Parlor.

Man says, "What can I do for you today??"

Lama says, "Make me one with everything!!"

There is a video of an interviewer telling the Dalai Lama this joke and he might as well have told it to him in Pig Latin. Went about 50 feet over his head. Funny stuff.

Connecticut Casual

Starting Member
I have to chime in on Andy Bernard, a.k.a. Nard Dog, since I borrowed "Connecticut Casual" from him. He was much better as a complement to Michael Scott, as opposed to the star of the show, imo. Anyway, I'm getting off fictional characters, but I always admired Fred Barnes and Brit Hume's style (forget politics, I'm talking Trad). I especially admired Barnes' eyewear (Ben Silver??):

sfredbarneslarge.jpg
[/IMG]

010412srhume.jpg
[/IMG]

sjk

I especially admired Barnes' eyewear (Ben Silver??)

Good eye (pardon the pun).

I think he's wearing the Lafont Pantheon frames, which seems to be carried almost exclusively by BS. I've always thought that the proportions of Barnes' jacket, lapels, and collar (all in relation to his face) are perfect, especially from a trad perspective.

Hume, on the other hand, frequently wears these long-point contrasting collars that overly accentuate his already long face. Plus, he annoyingly tends to match his pocket square to his tie. (The picture above is one of his better rigs.)

You'd think that these talking heads could afford a decent wardrobe consultant.

P Hudson

No references to Time Tunnel or The Green Hornet? Those guys, as I remember it anyway, were alright. Rod Serling? Alexander Mundy (possibly a bit late)?

I Spy? Early episodes showed Robert Culp in button downs and tennis sweaters (IIRC Cosby was a bit more 'stylish').

Quincy was pretty trad.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange