WatchmanJimG

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I like it. What is the material?

How did you find the Tom James experience? I have been approached regularly as well and have read mixed experiences on this board.
I chose the fabric from a wide selection they had on hand and honestly don't recall the specifics.

Regarding the Tom James "experience" I have dealt with several of their employees over 15-odd years and this is only my second purchase, the first being several MTM shirts under the "Corporate Image" label 8-10 years ago. While in my opinion their overall build quality and refinement didn't measure up to ready-made products such as Gitman Bros., the shirts did last for many years through repeated launderings. In my observation Tom James is primarily a good match for wealthy customers with little to no idea what they're looking at, but their association with Oxxford appeals to me. Pretty much all of their other offerings do not interest me, nor does the dazzle-the-customer-with-BS sales approach of some of the personnel (though the young lady I'm currently working with is quite professional).

Last edited:

drpeter

The sports jacket looks very nice. I have not heard of Tom James. Is this an MTM jacket, like the shirts you bought?

If the fabric is wool and the fit satisfies you, then I think you will be happy with it. Let us know how it feels after you have worn it a few times. Jackets have to be broken in, to some extent, and good wool will conform to your body.

smmrfld

Tom James reps are to be avoided aggressively. They will harass your contacts if they succeed in weaseling the info out of you, and their stuff isn’t special in any way.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.