New source for penny loafers: Re-Mix Vintage Shoes (pics & links)...

Doctor Damage

Connoisseur
Just ran across this company today, while waiting for something to happen at work. The company is called Re-Mix Vintage Shoes, they are based out of Los Angeles, and they have some nice penny loafers for men, plus a ton of women's shoes.

Their website is https://www.remixvintageshoes.com/.
The penny loafers, sizing, and ordering info is https://www.remixvintageshoes.com/index3.html.

They seem to be D width only but come in a variety of colours (however I do not recommend the pink...). Soles appear to be rubber. Price is higher than Bass and Sebago, but I think I prefer the shape and style of these a lot more. The store left me a message saying the all-black shoes are available (however, they are not mentioned on the website).

If someone has a go at these please post your comments. I'm interested myself (esp. given that the Norwegians have never responded to my faxes, grrrrr...), although the fact that they use UPS only for shipping to Canada pretty much excludes me.

For you Americans, note that shipping costs vary depending on which side of the Mississippi you are located... <smile>

DD

AlanC

Sartorial Sultan<br> Moderator, Trad Forum
I really like that white nubuck penny. Too bad they don't have narrow sizes.

DD, if you need someone to act as reshipper via USPS to Canada, let me know.

paper clip

Elite Member
Those shoes look pretty nifty. I like the brown wingtip and the white lace-up buck. They have a nice shape to them - rounded, not pointy.

AsherNM

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
The sporty bucks look clunky to my eye - as it were, the bastard child of Allen Edmonds and Doc Martens. You decide:

Remix
remix.gif

The Docs
docmartens.jpg

The wingtip sole looks twice as thick in every direction as it should be. The contrast stitching is appropiate for the Melrose-habiting sort, but few others. The place is after all, blocks from Melrose, home to precisely the sort of stores that cater to mohawk-ed men and GI Janes, basically a National Preserve of the 80's, minus the preps. A stereotypical Melrose dude (center):
FreaksGeeks114RetroShirt.jpg

The hair is a little extreme even for Melrose, but not too much.

The shoes may reflect that. The pennies look decent though.

spinlps

There is something about the brown wingtips and the contrast double welt stitching that I find extremely appealing. That said, I think they'd be even more attractive as a blucher. I didn't see where these were made. Did anyone else catch that?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.