Three Button

For some reason, my suits keep shrinking. Now they've shrunk to the point that when I button the jacket I worry that the button will fly off and put someone's eye out. So off to buy new suits.

I prefer three button single vent sack suits.

Cost is an issue as always.

Jos A Bank is having one of their unending buy one get one free deals. So I buy one $600 suit and get one free. I would prefer to have one made at L S Men's Clothing, but I just don't think I can afford the cost.

Is there a source that would be comparable to Jos A Bank's prices that I may not have considered?

Thanks.

hbs midwest

J.Press is currently in the midst of the Spring 30% off sale...might want to check their website, or better still, hit a brick-and-mortar store.:icon_smile:

Having noted your location, try for an in-person appearance at the 380 Madison Avenue store.

Good luck.

hbs

Brooksfan

Joe Bank no longer offers a sack suit at any price. They have many 3-buttons but none are sacks. Oh, for the days of the Valley 3-button when JAB made their suits in Baltimore.

Bradford

For some reason, my suits keep shrinking. Now they've shrunk to the point that when I button the jacket I worry that the button will fly off and put someone's eye out. So off to buy new suits.
LOL - my pants have been shrinking lately as well. At least that's what I told the alterations lady when I went in to have the waist let out. :p

hbs midwest

Joe Bank no longer offers a sack suit at any price. They have many 3-buttons but none are sacks. Oh, for the days of the Valley 3-button when JAB made their suits in Baltimore.
More's the pity...my navy serge vested 3/2 was a 1980-vintage Valley, as was my blue-grey Harris tweed herringbone jacket. And then there were the summer poplins....

Weep!:(

hbs

MacT

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
You may not want to hear this, but LS/Izzy recently had a MTM sale on suits-- H. Freeman & Southwick, among others. He's fairly reasonable, compared to other MTM options, but you'll pay more than JAB sale prices. I'd second the O'Connell's recommendations. I've gotten nothing but quality from them. If you know your sleeve & trouser lengths, they'll do the alterations before they ship.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange