delicious_scent

I have a very particular criteria for jean fit.

I usually like fuller thighs, a rise just below my belly button, and aggressively tapered from the knees down.

Basically an athletic cut high rise.

This picture is a good example

lightbeard

Levi's has a premium line called Made & Crafted with higher quality materials like selvedge denim and they are made in US. They still use the signature fits (501, 511 etc.)

I wear 511 Levis M&C jeans with suede chukka boots - very happy with them. I used to wear BB jeans that were tailored, these fit and feel better.

Dhaller

Elite Member
Levi's has a premium line called Made & Crafted with higher quality materials like selvedge denim and they are made in US. They still use the signature fits (501, 511 etc.)

I wear 511 Levis M&C jeans with suede chukka boots - very happy with them. I used to wear BB jeans that were tailored, these fit and feel better.
I may try these - are they true to fit? (I often find Levi's are way off, like a 32 is really a 34). Their "Crisp" dark wash looks good.

DH

some_dude

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I wear Levis, personally. However, I think if you are in your 60s, any jeans you wear will end up being "dad jeans" so I would just get the most comfortable and durable ones you can find.

If you were 25, I could see the "dad jeans" thing being a concern.

John M

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I am now a khakis/trousers person but for jeans, I either would go for Diamond Gusset or All American Clothing.

G

Guest-906502

Walmart. House brand called George, about $14.
Recommend (only) straight style, which comes in two colors: dark wash and medium wash.
They are slim throughout which is in style. But very stretchy throughout. So much so in the waist that I MUST wear a belt to counteract weight of my cellphone in the pocket. They are no-label or logo, which is great. You will be shocked at how many compliments you will get on $14 Walmart jeans. Otherwise I wear Tommy Bahama in a modern slimmer stretchy style, generally bought used on eBay.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange