Norm McDonald R.I.P.

127.72 MHz

Elite Member
To me comedy is like beauty being in the eye of the beholder. Some of Norm McDonald's subject matter wasn't quite my cup of tea but I always found him clever.

He got 61 years. We go when we are called,...

R.I.P. Mr. McDonald.

Last edited:

Clintotron

To me comedy is like beauty being in the eye of the beholder. Some of Norm McDonald's subject matter wasn't quite my cup of tea but I always found him clever.

He got 61 years. We go when we are called,...

R.I.P. Mr. McDonald.

I was never a fanatic, mostly due to mere lack of exposure. He was definitely a very funny man and it’s hitting me harder than I thought it would (on a scale of 1-100: eightish) and I’ve been getting even more familiar with his work, as that’s all YouTube is recommending.

Dhaller

Elite Member
I was never a fanatic, mostly due to mere lack of exposure. He was definitely a very funny man and it’s hitting me harder than I thought it would (on a scale of 1-100: eightish) and I’ve been getting even more familiar with his work, as that’s all YouTube is recommending.

To a certain extent, he was a comedian's comedian (ie. if you know the craft, you can better appreciate certain bits.)

I *think* it was Norm MacDonald himself who said "it's one thing to make people laugh; it's another to make them smile." A lot of his stuff was more smile-than-laugh inducing.

My favorite bit of his is the "Professor of Logic" routine.

DH

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange