O'Connell's trousers

fred johnson

Just ordered a pair of cotton gab trousers from OC. For anyone who has OC and JP cotton trousers can you tell me how the fits compare. I do like the on seam pockets and brace button that OC's have.

August West

I have more pair from both than I care to admit to, even on this forum.

Generally speaking, seems to be a bit more rise on the OC's, and more straight legged. I'd say niether brand are vanity sized. I've not ever taken the time to measure and compare, just going by feel. J Press leans slightly more towards a "modern" fit, though still within acceptable "trad" parameters IMO.

If you have any more specific questions, I'd be happy to offer my thoughts.

John M

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I have one pair of cotton gab from O'Connell's and I love them but I have to admit I do prefer a heavier twill. I ended up getting the gabs because there was no heavy twill in Ash.

fred johnson

My OC cotton gabs arrived yesterday and are as advertised. The fit is similar to JP in that my ordered size is a little tight in the waist and will be returned for a lager size.

Vecchio Vespa

(aka TKI67)
My OC cotton gabs arrived yesterday and are as advertised. The fit is similar to JP in that my ordered size is a little tight in the waist and will be returned for a lager size.
You just talked me into a pair in olive. Sizing is strange. I can understand how different makers label SML differently, but I thought an inch was an inch. Nope. OC's 36 is comfy on me, but 36 from LLB is three inches too big.

fred johnson

My 38"s from LLB, Bills, JD and Murray's were perfect but the same size from PRL, JP and OC were all just a little too tight in the waist - go figure..

drpeter

Have you considered the likelihood of these all-cotton trousers shrinking a bit over multiple washes? Or are you planning on dry-cleaning them?. Different brands use different types of cotton cloth and they all shrink to some extent. A bit of excess cloth at the waist and hips will work out well in the end, but if it is tight to begin with, it is simply going to get tighter.

Vecchio Vespa

(aka TKI67)
Have you considered the likelihood of these all-cotton trousers shrinking a bit over multiple washes? Or are you planning on dry-cleaning them?. Different brands use different types of cotton cloth and they all shrink to some extent. A bit of excess cloth at the waist and hips will work out well in the end, but if it is tight to begin with, it is simply going to get tighter.
New they are about an inch too big. I will wash them before they are cuffed.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange