alkydrinker

Below are a few shots of the Hugh and Crye Seneca unstructured blazer as requested.

I took some measurements, and it turns out the Tall/Athletic measures 23.5" chest, 19.5" shoulders, and 30.5" length (from bottom of collar). So, the chest and shoulders are right in line with what is expected from a size 42 jacket, but the length is skimpy for a "tall". Also, I think maybe the chest and shoulders wear/look a little slimmer than those measurements suggest...I suppose it's a flattering cut that contours on the body well.

Note that these jackets are cursed with functional buttons, making sleeve length alterations more difficult. There is also a line of visible straight stitching going around the sleeve about 1 inch up the sleeve, I guess to give a casual vibe (adding another complication for sleeve alterations). However, I did have my sleeves successfully shortened about .5" by my tailor. On a positive note, I will say that the lapel hugs my shirt collar really well, with no "collar gap"...which is a problem I've had when trying on other unstructured jackets.

Last edited:

Kendallroberts88

Vintage Cole Haan brown suede shoes: Background: An older gentleman whom I work with has more clothes and shoes than anyone I've personally met. After some months of talking to him about various generational styles etc, the topic of suede shoes came up and he mentioned a pair he bought years ago and he also mentioned that the shoes are only worn once every year or two (he's got at least 125 pairs of shoes each in boxes with trees and bags). I hounded him to death to sell me the shoes, trade me the shoes or just down right bless me with the shoes, he never budged, finally I thrifted a "meeting street" (Belk's private brand attempt at upscale menswear) and he fell in love with the jacket. It was a blue/gray with gray/taupe windowpaned design 52% silk 48% wool, so he finally made a deal my jacket for his shoes. I'm throughly pleased with the trade, for me suede shoes are a fall/winter shoe for my personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duvel

Connoisseur
(Photo not mine.) I also scored a pair of 1970s-vintage original Baby Advents to pair with my large Advents. I love Advent loudspeakers. I picked up the Babys for $50 yesterday in Goodwill--they work, sound lovely, and they have the original grill and Advent metal stickers--as well as the original paper that Advent used to staple to the back side.

I did a sound comparison between the large and the Babys. The large ones are definitely a bit louder, but the sound from both is incredibly alike.

Last edited:

adoucett

I treated myself to some neckwear that was on sale at my local BB factory store.

The Head of the Charles tie was a really exciting find as I've never seen them sold outside of the event itself, which is coming up in just a couple weeks time.

The middle two ties are wool, and I really like the colors for fall.

The far left is a Golden Fleece tie in Prince of Wales check, I have a second one currently for sale in the exchange.

orange fury

Connoisseur
I treated myself to some neckwear that was on sale at my local BB factory store.

The Head of the Charles tie was a really exciting find as I've never seen them sold outside of the event itself, which is coming up in just a couple weeks time.

The middle two ties are wool, and I really like the colors for fall.

The far left is a Golden Fleece tie in Prince of Wales check, I have a second one currently for sale in the exchange.

Very nice! Interestingly, I have the same HOCR tie in burgundy that I bought at a marshalls here in Houston about 6 months ago- there were 4 or 5 when I bought it. Kind of odd I thought.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Adoucett, great score - all four look really nice. I love wool ties for the fall and winter as they feel right to me both for the season and with the heavier sweaters and jackets I wear. The Prince of Wales check looks like it is wool or wool/silk blend - is it?

adoucett

Adoucett, great score - all four look really nice. I love wool ties for the fall and winter as they feel right to me both for the season and with the heavier sweaters and jackets I wear. The Prince of Wales check looks like it is wool or wool/silk blend - is it?

Thank you Fading Fast,

The Prince of Wales is a blend, I think something like 70/30. Incredibly soft with a nice hand!

If I had more funds at my disposal, I would have picked up even more, but there are other purchases I must prioritize over ties!

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Vans from J.Crew, washed canvas. My second pair of Vans and I'm becoming hooked. Love the Trad style and they are very comfortable. (J.Crew cords and Smartwool socks).

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I love my white Vans, but I've really been looking at some gray ones- these look great!
Funny, my first ones were white (the classic "off" white) and, like you, wanted grey for a second pair. Keep an eye out for a sale at J.Crew as they do it regularly and you'll grab them 25% off like I did.

chosenhandle

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Just pulled the trigger on this Viyella. Of course it's still in the 70s here so it will be a few weeks before I'll be able to wear it.
I purchased my first Viyella in early Sept. and have just about baked to death every time I put it on. That is one warm shirt! Good thing I live in Minnesota, it will come in handy in a few months..or days, who knows.

g3org3y

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I needed (well...wanted) a few new blazers:

Also awaiting a couple of Harris Tweeds blazers. Pics up when they arrive.

One can never have too many shirts.

Justifying this all as a birthday treat to myself. :great:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.