Duvel

Connoisseur
With another winter in the hinterland ahead of us, I decided this is the winter I have to upgrade my sleepwear wardrobe, which in general saw its last best day many years ago. Therefore, after a lot of searching high and low, here and there, in brick-and-mortars and online, I ended up, once more, at none other than... O'Connell's.

I'm adding to the closet two new sets of pajamas, one in pima and one in oxford, and an oxford robe. O'Connell's is the only place I have found to offer these basics in a generous, i.e., comfortable, fit, in good fabric, and decent prices.

Aside from my beloved Brooks oxford shirts, I'm finding that O'Connell's is increasingly my go-to place to shop these days.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Yep, clogged circumflex artery, supposedly good to go now (within reason). Am still scared rather sh*tless, but hiding it under tweed.
My best wishes. I know several people who have had similar events and procedures who are still going strong decades later. Wishing you many good things and many, many years to look forward to.

g3org3y

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I have a big soft spot for RL because it was the first "nice" clothing I ever owned, and it carried me through college. It also served as the gateway to me dressing better overall, so there's that. If anyone is interested, I can post some pics comparing similar PRL and RLPL shirts.
Yes please, I'd be interested.

Duvel

Connoisseur
Now that I've ordered the OC sleepwear and that the evening is getting very chilly, all I can think of is getting into those nice pajamas and the new robe. Maybe I should have ordered the express shipping.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
In my defense, the wife said that I could only bring home 4 boxes of shoes. Next time, she will know to specify 4 pairs of shoes. :rock:
Good for you if the wife lets you get by on a technicality.

Any chance we'll get to see what is in all those boxes? I know I am quite curious and I doubt I am alone.

Corcovado

Add in a pair of khakis, some Chuck Taylors and you got yourself a 1950s Ivy College Campus look that still looks great today. Nice purchases.
Thanks! I agree on the khakis and Chuck Taylors.

orange fury, the link provided by Fading fast is the correct link. And here is the shirt: https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/344...it-university-stripe&attrValue_0=Sunlit Coral Some members are not fond of wrinkle-free OCBDs in general, but I like 'em OK and it's not often that pink university stripe comes up for sale.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange