October Acquisitions

Duvel

Connoisseur
Today:

1. Two pairs of jammies and one robe from O'Connell's. Nice but I would have to say slightly overpriced.
2. Wigwam socks, direct from my childhood hometown of Sheboygan, Wisc. Two pairs of white Husky wools and one ragg. Nice, priced just right. I'm going for more of the Huskys!
3. Bean ragg sweater from gamma via the exchange. Perfect.

All of this converged for a perfect storm of acquisitions on the doorstep this afternoon.

CornoUltimo

Active Member with Corp. Privileges

[

It seems Corcovado and I were thinking similarly. The lightings bad, but the OCBD is roughly a Kelly green, and the sweater is moss green.

DLW

An eBay find, vintage BB tweed overcoat, which arrived today. Photo is from sellers listing.

s-l1600_zpsju4xjfhp.jpg

orange fury

Connoisseur
2 new goodies. First, an Italian-made, PRL, 3/2, unlined corduroy sportcoat in navy:

Also, an Italian-made Giasone 90/10 merino/cashmere sweater with saddle shoulders:

as an aside, I've never heard of Giasone and can't seem to find any info online about it, but it seemed pretty well made and certainly fit me well- anyone have any info?

Duvel

Connoisseur
These are good.

I must get more!

One of the great things about them is that they are not actually white, as listed, but more of a cream, or off-white.

Last edited:

orange fury

Connoisseur
Not very exciting, but thought I would share:
794F4F6B-E9EB-42D0-B224-390746ACA77E_zpslufnnve5.jpg

L to R- Tommy Hilfiger chinos (cheap and fit me surprisingly well- and in a very "Autumn" shade), PRL cords (for all the cords I have, I didn't have solid navy) and PRL FC shirt (can't have enough white dress shirts)

Also, not clothing, but a new Stanley flask:
5BD4F250-8B4F-43BB-A721-5937F46BD3FB_zps7ndilo31.jpg

Duvel

Connoisseur
Funny! I didn't know Stanley made flasks.

I can't do it though. I need to reduce my alk intake as it is. According to my check-up today, I'm one point over my ideal BMI. Ouch.

orange fury

Connoisseur
Funny! I didn't know Stanley made flasks.

I can't do it though. I need to reduce my alk intake as it is. According to my check-up today, I'm one point over my ideal BMI. Ouch.

I decided I don't want to subject my nice Wentworth pewter to camping trips lol (or tailgates, for that matter)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I decided I don't want to subject my nice Wentworth pewter to camping trips lol (or tailgates, for that matter)

I understand the thought, but would argue that the "patina -" a bump here a ding there - just becomes part of the flask's history and lived-life beauty that you can, eventually, pass down to the next generation of Furys.

I have a few things of my Dad's and the dings, marks, bruises, etc. all just emphasize to me that he used these things - they make them more personal than if I had, for example, a not banged-up leather dob kit from him. The marks on the leather, the small stain inside (from some bottle of something that must have opened on a trip some time), the zipper that requires a bit of wrestling to open and close all mean that he used it a lot - it is more of a connect with him because of those things.

Use your flask, enjoy it, let it age and develop its own character and, then, many, many, many years from now pass it on to your son or daughter and I'll bet they'll treasure each ding and nick as I do those in my Dad's things.

Duvel

Connoisseur
I have yet to acquire one. Perhaps at 60 there are a few years left, if I got one now, to develop this patina of which you speak?

I understand the thought, but would argue that the "patina -" a bump here a ding there - just becomes part of the flask's history and lived-life beauty that you can, eventually, pass down to the next generation of Furys.

I have a few things of my Dad's and the dings, marks, bruises, etc. all just emphasize to me that he used these things - they make them more personal than if I had, for example, a not banged-up leather dob kit from him. The marks on the leather, the small stain inside (from some bottle of something that must have opened on a trip some time), the zipper that requires a bit of wrestling to open and close all mean that he used it a lot - it is more of a connect with him because of those things.

Use your flask, enjoy it, let it age and develop its own character and, then, many, many, many years from now pass it on to your son or daughter and I'll bet they'll treasure each ding and nick as I do those in my Dad's things.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
⬆️ If you buy one now, when you are 95, it will have thirty-five years of patina (and, you, a few less liver cells) as you hand it over to your grand- or great-grandchild. You are too young to be thinking any other way.

g3org3y

Like those Hilfiger chinos, nice colour. I have a similar pair from Gap and they are a staple of daily wear wardrobe for work.

I've bought a few more belts (seller's pics):

ran23

I saw a nice dark Brown Glen Plaid Waist Coat today at my fav consignment store. I also had a credit from a sale earlier. The vest was a wash. No tags, I do not think it was a suit vest. the owner came out and tried different pocket squares against my Corbin Grey Herringbone tweed jacket. I left with a nice lite blue PS.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange