sskim3

g3org3y

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Is there such a thing as a trad handbag?

It was the other half's 30th birthday yesterday. As such, decided to buy her something a bit special: Mulberry Bayswater in Oxblood.

Suffice to say, she's very happy. :biggrin:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
g3org3y, you chose very well, IMHO, that is a beautiful bag and very trad as it echoes one of the most trad bags ever - The Kelly Bag (name after Grace Kelly - an uber-trad looking woman):

Happy Birthday to your wife - I hope she enjoys your outstanding gift for many, many years to come.

orange fury

Connoisseur
Received my Cavanaughs last night from Shoebank:

i don't know why, but the last two pairs of Cavanaughs I've ordered through SB feel much smaller than the pair I tried on in an AE store- I'll wear them around my apartment for the next week or so and see if they break in a bit.

orange fury

Connoisseur
OF, nice shoes, but you sure haven't been having much luck with the online ordering of late, have you.
Unfortunately no- honestly the only thing that's worked for me from Shoebank has been the Mora double monks, and that was after 3 tries. Live and learn I guess.

EDIT- they definitely don't fit right, I tried on some at an AE store by my office tonight- I'll start a separate thread about the outcome though, because it's a huge plus for AE customer service

Last edited:

MythReindeer

I bought a brown Beaufort on eBay a little while back. It's not musty at all, smelling only of crayons. After I paid but before shipping, the seller found a small, well-repaired rip that had escaped notice before...and refunded me $30. I like the coat quite a lot.

ran23

I had a $15.30 credit at my consignment store (flipped a $3.99 SA jacket) and found a dark brown, glen plaid waistcoat. Was hoping to wear it with jackets, but it is great with khakis and sport shirts, very warm these cool mornings.

L-feld

Advanced Member
And my jacket has arrived! I'm really impressed with Southwick's turn around.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

triumph

NICE! How do you like it? I do hope we see it in action in the WAYW threads.
It's great, loved the material and build is much better than the ones I saw at their store.
I would definitely wear them when I come east early December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
J.Crew socks. Just opened the box - they came yesterday. Haven't worn them (must wash first), but they seem incredibly thick and soft - and long (I'm an 11.5 shoe and too many socks are short for me, these seem long enough). I took the second and third shot so that you could see the nice detail in the design.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.