Doctor Damage

Connoisseur
There is no particular reason for this thread, although (1) I will dedicate it to Harris's re-appearance (a man matching his description was last seen...well, that would be telling), also (2) tassel loafers seem to have been supplanted by LHS and boat shoes in the forum (or maybe I'm just reading the wrong threads).

Anyway, below, for everyone's visual enjoyment, a bunch of Alden tassel loafers listed on eBay in the last year.

mpcsb

Inactive User
There is no particular reason for this thread...tassel loafers seem to have been supplanted by LHS and boat shoes in the forum (or maybe I'm just reading the wrong threads).
Supplanted - nah, can't be. They're one of the baseline articles, although recently I have been very partial to my kiltie tassels, anyway those cordos look nice.

ASF

What to wear with the Alden suede tassels...

The Alden suede tassels are good looking kicks.

I usually wear a suit to work with 563's or 660's and 986's with khakis or charcoal trousers when wearing a blazer or tweed coat.

What do you wear wear when wearing the Alden suede tassels?

ASF

Harris

Advanced Member
Reappearance, eh? Color me intrigued. Dr. Dam: did we cross paths? Now that'd be, well, uh, "telling."

Remember, though, Dam: a lot of guys wear sack suits and tassel mocs! It could have been Cooly, after all.

You don't hang out at the Yankee Doodle Tap Room, do you? If so, the guy in the sack-tassels-repp-horn rims combo apologizes for wreaking of American Spirit "Browns" (non-filters) and keeping company with professors.

Some habits are worth holding onto.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Larchmont

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I was recently thinking the same thing - has the tassel been pushed to the back of the closet? The Brooks cordovan tassel would be my first purchase if I had to start a shoe collection.

It may be that people are not wearing suits and dress trousers as much. I try to wear my tassels at least once a weak. 13 years and still going strong.

kforton

hey, those are mine!

Size comparison. The pair on the left is sized 11 AAA, while the pair on the right is sized 11 EE.

Actually, the pair on the right are 11EEE. They used to be mine, and I sold them on ebay to a very happy fellow in Germany. After a few earings I could tell they were not fitting right, but at that point it was too late. I still have the damnest time fitting Aldens to my feet. I work with Ed at Shoemart now, but I am second guessing some of his/my judgment lately. I need new black tassels and am considering Allen Edmonds b'c they are not as pointed. Is that blasphemy? I may also just go to a EEEE in the Alden. Any thoughts?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.