Off-Row Made to Measure Savile Row suit reviews! (Photos!)

Bonhamesque

1.75 miles away!

Sexton is a living Savile Row legend and will make Savile Row quality clothing using the same method as on Savile Row; however, can not be called a Savile Row tailor while on Beauchamp Place.
You see to me that doesn't make sense.
How can a man be a Savile Row legend but not a Savile Row tailor?
Savile Row is not just a road, it's a style, a philosophy and a construction method. Sexton adheres to all of these.

Anyway I'm not actually calling him a Savile Row tailor I'm calling him an off-Row tailor. ;)

ToryBoy

Elite Member
You see to me that doesn't make sense.
How can a man be a Savile Row legend but not a Savile Row tailor?
Savile Row is not just a road, it's a style, a philosophy and a construction method. Sexton adheres to all of these.

Anyway I'm not actually calling him a Savile Row tailor I'm calling him an off-Row tailor. ;)

Joe Torre is a Yankees legend, yet manages the Dodgers.

The issue with 'off-Row' is how far does that boundary end. If Sexton opened a shop in Sydney and that was the shop he worked in, would you still call him 'off-Row'?

In my opinion, he should have opened on The Row, but that is another matter.

Bonhamesque

Joe Torre is a Yankees legend, yet manages the Dodgers.

The issue with 'off-Row' is how far does that boundary end. If Sexton opened a shop in Sydney and that was the shop he worked in, would you still call him 'off-Row'?

In my opinion, he should have opened on The Row, but that is another matter.
I knew you'd bring up a football reference.

I wouldn't call Sexton off-Row if he moved to Sydney no, but I don't think it's outrageous to call any tailor that's still in the UK off-Row if they spent some time on the Row.

The 'off' part of 'off-row' doesn't mean 'just off' the Row imo.
It means any tailor who is a proper SR tailor (i.e. they were trained there and worked there for a long time) who has left the Row and is therefore not 'on' it anymore.

omanae

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Mr. Pipps, Three excellent suits. I would agree that from the back the blades look a little loose and the lower back very suppressed. To me this creates a bit of a contradiction, where either the blades should be taken in a bit or the lower back let out, which would compromise the silhouette. I agree with Alex that the work to balance the shoulders is very nice. When I saw the shirt only picture I was shocked at your shoulder angle and how it didn't show on the suits. My only other critique is that the sleeve may be slightly too large in circumference. As a matter of taste it just seems that a slightly more tapered sleeve would match the style of the waist suppression.

rpardz

Starting Member
However, that said, I understand that Mr Littman is currently working on something which is an even greater step towards a bespoke-quality MTM garment. And I think I may be able to provide some new photographs on this precise topic sometime in the not too distant future!

I'll be very interested to hear more Mr. Pipps.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange