One Good Example of the Desireability of Rise and Pleats:

zzdocxx

Honors Member
Wear your pleats I say! Wear your flat fronts I say. And live in peace!

Hear, hear!

Seems like I heard the rise in popularity of pleated pants a couple of decades ago had to do with the aging of the baby boomers, with their concomitant tendency toward weight gain as they hit their thirties and forties.

It does sound plausible to me.

johnpark11

^ Agreed with above. Even an athletic gentleman looks good in double forward pleats. Or skinny. Or rotund. They are universally flattering.

Like always I agree with jovan. He is like a style yoda for a Gen Xer like me. However, most people are clueless to a forward pleat; as are retailers. So, the choice most athletic men have are bulky pleats that make you look not athletic or flat front. Remember, this forum represents 1% of the populations style knowledge.

cincydavid

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I could give a rip what the pants look like, it's a comfort issue for me...I want room when I sit down, I don't want my pants smooshing anything near and dear to me...I own a grand total of ONE pair of flat front trousers and I avoid wearing that suit like the plague. I've expanded into a 40 inch waist as I've hit my late 40s, and pleated pants just work better for me...

Olifter

Hardly that amazing. Mine is 42 and I'm not a shining beacon of fitness and health. An old friend of mine, a competitive swimmer, had a resting pulse of 34 back then and still comes in below 40 today, 25 years and many kilos later. The cyclist Miguel Indurain apparently clocked in at 28. While one's resting pulse rate may be a reasonable superficial indicator, there are enough people out there such as me to make it a not particularly useful metric to base level of fitness on.

Who's the guy in the photo by the way?

Jim Harbaugh, former Michigan and NFL quarterback, currently the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers.

Olifter

Roger that. All Greek to me though, as expected.

He was a football (American football) player in college and played professionally in the National Football League (NFL). His position, quarterback, is the highest profile one in the game, perhaps comparable to striker in soccer (football).

He has been a successful college coach, and now as a head coach in the NFL, he is coaching a team from San Francisco in the Super Bowl, the championship game. Of special interest, the coach of the other team, the Baltimore Ravens, is his brother, John.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.