One, Two, and Three on Menu?

Alalawyer

Starting Member
Dining in an upscale restaurant tomorrow evening; I'm reviewing the *tentative* menu to ensure I don't have to ask the waiter about multiple dishes to decide what I want. However, the menu is very minimalist, it merely lists a group of dishes under "One," more under "Two," and then another group under "Three." It seems fairly clear that One will be antipasti, since the restaurant is Italian. Three will clearly be the main course. But what about Two? Prices are a la carte, so I'm unsure whether this is a course I'm "expected" to order. Is this for those very hungry, or in an upscale Italian restaurant, is one socially expected to order an item from each part of the menu? Thanks!

cbowers

Starting Member
You shouldn't be expected to order anything. They are following a typical Italian menu:

antipasti
primi(typically pasta, soup, or risotto)
secondi(meat dish)
dolce

pt4u67

Honors Member
Consider that the portions may be rather small. You can certainly order just one or two items, however ordering from each section would give you a better experience and not leave you hungry.

If the option of a tasting menu is there you may consider that also.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange