outstanding video on ironing and polishing shoes

Joe Beamish

Elite Member
The ironing film is beautiful, but the approach seems too laborious and frankly inefficient. I iron an OCBD in about half that time, and end up with a great shirt. I don't do anything twice; once I've ironed a surface, it's done.

Also I use steam

hellomarty

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
What does he use?

For the shoe shine, I figure the first thing he uses is a cleaner, but what else? One looks like KIWI polish, maybe the last step?

What about the bottle he keeps on tapping? Is that water?

Admirable, but who has an ironing board that wide?

jimbob

ironing

Rowenta makes a pretty wide ironing board. Not as wide as in the video but pretty good.

Carlton-Browne

I must say that the title of this post made me expect somebody using an iron to spoon their boots. I can't help think that the shoe shine video has been speeded up/edited considerably more than the ironing one. I also note that they seem to countenance the use of alternative layers of coloured and clear polish to attempt to make the shine look deeper. In my experience this never worked but I accept that some people are more skilled at this dark art than myself.

namigami

Starting Member
Admirable, but who has an ironing board that wide?

Anyone who'd care to, and is handy with a saw and a staple gun. The fabric for covering them is often available at larger fabric stores, in a bolt. Most seem to be 44" wide, sold by the yard for around $7 or $8. I'm not sure if there's anything special about the padding usually found underneath.

VictoryGin

Starting Member
Had to go back and take a closer look

On second look, the gentleman is using a regular table with an ironing pad on top. You can see the setup by pausing the video at the very beginning. He also has a pole clamped to the table edge to hold the cord up and away. Very nice setup.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange