pasta sauce on gabs

marlinspike

Elite Member
I never drop pasta, never, and yet today I managed to drop some (along with marinara) right on my gabs. It's still pretty fresh. Anything I can do to get this out at home, or is it to the dry cleaners I go? I've got salt on it (don't have any talcum powder)

TMMKC

Honors Member
I never drop pasta, never, and yet today I managed to drop some (along with marinara) right on my gabs. It's still pretty fresh. Anything I can do to get this out at home, or is it to the dry cleaners I go? I've got salt on it (don't have any talcum powder)

Dab it with cool water (using clean washcloths or paper towels) and see how much you can get up. I think you'd be best off taking it to the cleaners...most pasta sauce stains can be removed. Other on the forum will probably have more insight on this, but that's usually what I do...hasn't let me down. BTW...shame on you for eating red sauce while wearing a light color!;)

marlinspike

Elite Member
Well, they aren't that light (olive, thought not really, more like a dark khaki with a slight green tinge that you can't quite notice...BB names aren't always dead on). I did the cold water at the start...I guess I'll be visiting the cleaners.

a tailor

Honors Member
tomato sauce, olive oil, fat [if a meat sauce]. you dont want to fight that combo.
lat the pros do it. the cold water was good first aid.
good luck.

TMMKC

Honors Member
Well, they aren't that light (olive, thought not really, more like a dark khaki with a slight green tinge that you can't quite notice...BB names aren't always dead on). I did the cold water at the start...I guess I'll be visiting the cleaners.

Sorry for the assumption. When I hear "gabs" I automatically go to tan. Yeah, it sounds like you better let the pros take it from here. It amazes me how cleaners get the most impossible stains out of clothing.

Country Irish

From experience, cold water and lots of it- quickly. Then off to the cleaners tomorrow.
Not only is it a mess but some tomato sauces have dye added to brighten the color. If it sets you have trouble.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange