eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I would never presume to suggest matching pocket square and tie combinations, but I do believe sporting a pocket square that played off the tan hues in the tie would have been the right thing to do in the ad picture in the post just above this one...yes, no? Just a thought. :icon_scratch:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
I would never presume to suggest matching pocket square and tie combinations, but I do believe sporting a pocket square that played off the tan hues in the tie would have been the right thing to do in the ad picture in the post just above this one...yes, no? Just a thought. :icon_scratch:
I think it's a good thing to do. But I sometimes enjoy keying the PS color(s) to the shirt also. Certainly the white PS with white shirt is unassailable.

However, other than white, I avoid wearing a PS of exactly the same color but rather look for a related color intermixed with others. In this instance the PS has a blue which is nearly identical to the shirts' along with other greyed-blues as well. I think it's interesting, but I'd seek a different choice.

Last edited:

eagle2250

^^
I am only able to wish I could wear a double breasted jacket that well! Perhaps after I've managed to scrub six inches off my waist. Paraphrasing author Cormac McCarthy, "This is no country for (portly) old men!" LOL. :(

Flanderian

Connoisseur
That’s a really great outfit! I don’t know how I feel about the brown seersucker shirt with that tie, but I love the jacket and the tie.
It's funny, but the color values of the posted image are different from my image copy and that of the actual printed page. The tie's color is actually more of a rose with a green stripe and the shirt's stripe more of a faded lavender. All works very well together to my eye in the original.

eagle2250

^^
Photo worthy, for sure, but if I had that waistline, I'd lose the braces and be wearing a belt! For some of us, the dandyism suggested by our daily threads is but skin deep and the redneck in us runs all the way to the core. ;)

Flanderian

Connoisseur
^^
Photo worthy, for sure, but if I had that waistline, I'd lose the braces and be wearing a belt! For some of us, the dandyism suggested by our daily threads is but skin deep and the redneck in us runs all the way to the core. ;)
Ah, but t'would be sad, as then you'd miss out on all these dandy rascals!

upload_2019-5-10_13-32-45.png

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.