Fading Fast

Connoisseur
The thing about Paul Stuart clothes is that whether or not a particular outfit or item appeals to you, you know they are well-made clothes from quality fabrics. I like some of the pics and items in this thread a lot and some less so, but almost every item and outfit looks thoughtful, of high quality and distinctive.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
The thing about Paul Stuart clothes is that whether or not a particular outfit or item appeals to you, you know they are well-made clothes from quality fabrics. I like some of the pics and items in this thread a lot and some less so, but almost every item and outfit looks thoughtful, of high quality and distinctive.
Yes. I prize what they've been also for their former sense of whimsy and willingness and ability to improvise within a traditional context.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Knitted silk ties have really started to grab me ...
FWIW, I have 6 or 7 of Paul Stuart's silk knits, and happily, they were purchased when their knits were 3" or 3 1/4. Lately I believe they're 2 3/4", and that small amount makes a huge difference in appearance for me. And they're not just silk knit but silk crochet knit in Italy and have marvelous depth of texture and shine. Only problem is they now charge about double what they did 10 years ago.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
As evidently the weather gods have decided that spring is unnecessary in NJ this year. we have regressed from the promise of spring to a return of winter. (No doubt a prelude to lurching into scorching summer.) But it keeping with the temperatures and general ambiance, it at least offer an excuse the break out the cool weather clothing a last time. May I introduce you to Dr. Griffin -

upload_2019-5-14_12-32-58.png

Flanderian

Connoisseur
^^
A Herringbone Tweed Safari Jacket? I'm pretty sure that I'm in sartorial lust, once again...Can she be bought? ;)
Not lest Dr. Griffin would introduce his maker, who could then provide you with a time machine to travel back to 1991. :(

And while I couldn't swear upon my life that there's absolutely no such beastie RTW, I doubt it. Likely the best way to secure something similar would be to obtain a tweed of which you're enamored and bring it to Mytailor, or another reputable tailor to reproduce one to your specifications. Assuming some familiarity with the garment, it shouldn't be that hard to have a tailor make one for you. They're closer to a shirt than a fully constructed suit jacket.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
^^
He looks like a young Sylvestor Stallone, absent the over developed muscles. Though that is one very handsome suit! ;)
And it's linen too, meaning it could probably actually be worn in your neck of the woods. Too bad that you'd need to borrow a time machine again to travel back to '87. :(

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
And it's linen too, meaning it could probably actually be worn in your neck of the woods. Too bad that you'd need to borrow a time machine again to travel back to '87. :(
Hmm, if only there was a solution short of expanding the bounds of known physics. Oh, wait, I got it - custom. There you go Eagle, for $2000+ (more if done really right), I've solved your problem - you're welcome. P.S., I'll let you explain it to Mrs. Eagle. :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.