Flanderian

Connoisseur
I like this suit too, not the tie or shirt.

Nice cloth!

But I can't abide the contemporary British/American cut. (Of course, I have that luxury as I don't have to buy any jackets in the near term.) When they take the gorge off the shoulder, and restore the button stance to its rightful place, I may regain interest.

I find a cut like this much more appealing -

upload_2019-6-10_13-50-49.png

EdwardWilson

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Nice cloth!

But I can't abide the contemporary British/American cut. (Of course, I have that luxury as I don't have to buy any jackets in the near term.) When they take the gorge off the shoulder, and restore the button stance to its rightful place, I may regain interest.

I find a cut like this much more appealing -

View attachment 31767
I like your jacket, though I am not seeing much difference between the two photos. The contemporary seems to have higher buttons but shorter quarters, but that's been the style for the last ten years.

I personally prefer my jackets a little shorter (though not above the seat as I painfully see on the street) with no break in the pants.

If I could ever be as sharp as JFK I would be in Heaven.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Okay, now Stuart is just effin' with us - lying on grass in white pants - pleez.

The yellow vest and white slacks looks very nice together - not something I would have thought to do on my own.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Okay, now Stuart is just effin' with us - lying on grass in white pants - pleez.

The yellow vest and white slacks look very nice together - not something I would have thought to do on my own.
We must attribute that to the fancy of the photog. :oops:

The photos being discussed originate from their 1984 catalog. They never shrunk from pastels for the summer, and as I share coloring somewhat similar to the fellow on the left, I too find it flattering.

^^LOL.
My sentiments, exactly!

Not intending to be a smart a*s, but I must ask brother Flandeaian, does Paul Stuart offer anything in a mesh vented fishing shirt? ;)
As noted above, my familiarity with Paul Stuart isn't current, but I suspect there are other. different, Manhattan retailers who might offer a more extensive selection of mesh garments! ;)

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^
The shirts and ties pictured above inspire me to upgrade my shirt and tie collections, but then realizing that at most I wear a dress shirt and tie for two to four hours to attend Sunday services and then lunch afterwards, I ask myself, "whats the use?" Thinking more deeply about the shirt/tie conundrum and realizing that on many occasions I take my tie off to avoid soiling of same during lunch, which further reduces my tie usage to perhaps two hours per week. No, I guess I'd better be happy with the shirt and tie collections I presently have! LOL. ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.