peterc

Re: above post: We should be so lucky these days to find clothes like that OTR.

Anyone here remember The English Shop in the Beverly Hills Hilton?

Flanderian

Connoisseur
⇧ Nice layout - whimsy and attractive.
Agreed!

A touch of sophisticated whimsy, a wink, used to be a hallmark of Paul Stuart layouts. And you'll note that excepting the purple shirt, the balance of items are earth tones. And that was a common theme of the sprint and summer offerings. And I agree it tends to work well during the more relaxed summer months, particularly when the paler among us may be a little less so.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
⇧ Outstanding vest.
I agree, but I think the whole ensemble is outstanding, which is the point of my OP. Once upon a time, the ad copy "Where quiet innovation rubs shoulders with dynamic tradition" wasn't just a sales pitch, but a very accurate and concise description of Paul Stuart's aesthetic

^^+1.
I absolutely love that vest. With that open weave, it looks like it just might wear comfortably...even in the deep South. ;)
Sad we'd have to travel back to '93 to snag it. But I suspect sufficient scrounging could yield something similar.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I agree, but I think the whole ensemble is outstanding, which is the point of my OP. Once upon a time, the ad copy "Where quiet innovation rubs shoulders with dynamic tradition" wasn't just a sales pitch, but a very accurate and concise description of Paul Stuart's aesthetic...
Good point - that entire outfit is outstanding and could have been in a '30s Esquire illustration (I know of no higher compliment to pay an outfit).

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.