Pay It Forward

Takai

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
After the great generosity that Monocle showed upon me by donating a trio of beautiful suits, I got to thinking and realizing that perhaps there was room for something like this on here. Both of the fountain pen forums that I am on have something like this there. So why not give it a go here as well.

Rules are simple;

If you have something you'd like to give away for free, or free less cost of shipping post it here, as well as any conditions you may have for the item, or items. This is NOT another sales thread. And as we seem quite an eclectic diverse bunch, I think clothing, accessories, and really just anything nifty you feel like giving away to another should be great to post here.

shadoman

I hope I'm wrong, but I foresee a funnel to eBay. The Great Tie Swap Box Debacle has jaded me...
I'm on several Cycling forums where we have similar threads, and everyone is on their honor to only take things that they themselves will use. No family or friends and no resale. I'd hope that everyone on this forum could be trusted to be of good character.

Reuben

Honors Member
If I offer things on here, they'll ideally be worn enough that I wouldn't resell but with plenty of life in them or some local label with no recognition but of decent quality.

Takai

I hope I'm wrong, but I foresee a funnel to eBay. The Great Tie Swap Box Debacle has jaded me...
This is possible, but as I said in the OP, it would be up to the offerer to set their own conditions, and choose the people. Wherever it winds up, so be it, but hopefully the items will find good homes and be useful to the people who want them.

TSWalker

If you build it, I still have some ties set aside to pay forward (some of which may be the good doctor's), so I'll need to see it rolling before that set aside inventory moves in good faith. I'll confess that the constant betrayals soured me to the forum, not just the project, so be careful what you wish for....

If you build it, I still have some ties set aside to pay forward (some of which may be the good doctor's), so I'll need to see it rolling before that set aside inventory moves in good faith. I'll confess that the constant betrayals soured me to the forum, not just the project, so be careful what you wish for....

Your presence has been missed around here, TSW!

Monocle

I would not be concerned what anyone ultimately did with an item I offer for "free" or for shipping. My intent is always to simply find a new home for something I feel is not to be wasted. If I donated to Goodwill, its just as likely i'd see it on eBay or some other site, if I had nothing better to do than check such a thing. But I wouldn't be giving away gold bars after all, and if there was something of particular value I had to offer, I would offer it privately to the members I already trust, or not at all. I would support this if it gets off the ground. I still have a closet full of items to disseminate once I have time. And if not, i'll just continue to send some items up in the exchange from time to time, for anyone who may benefit.

Sent from the ionosphere.

gamma68

Honors Member
I agree with Monocle. In fact, he sent me a jacket for free that I had interest in. It didn't fit me well, so I offered it up for shipping reimbursement. Another trusted member claimed it. I think that was a win-win-win situation. I wouldn't necessarily assume Takai's generous proposal would flat out fail.

vpkozel

I am game to give it a try. I actually thought of this thread yesterday when I was at Goodwill. The had what I am pretty sure were 2 Flusser canvassed herringbone SC, but as they were 46L I was out of luck. If I knew that someone would give them a good home for the price of shipping, I would have dropped the 10 bucks to take that shot.

Takai

I should have a few things posted here tomorrow pending surgical recovery keeps going in the correct direction.

Reuben

Honors Member
I am game to give it a try. I actually thought of this thread yesterday when I was at Goodwill. The had what I am pretty sure were 2 Flusser canvassed herringbone SC, but as they were 46L I was out of luck. If I knew that someone would give them a good home for the price of shipping, I would have dropped the 10 bucks to take that shot.

46L, did you say? I'd be game to take that gamble and pass them along if they didn't fit.

Oh, and if anyone needs some good chinos, definitely worn but with plenty of life left in them, sized 40-30, let me know. Or a staple grey suit in a 46L, half-canvased.

Monocle

PAYING FORWARD - FOR SHIPPING COST ONLY (Calculated)
Southwick custom suit tailored like 42R with shorter sleeves. Will need to have left sleeve lining resewn to armhole seam. Charcoal gray small nailhead type fabric (can't immediately think of another name for it.)
Jacket Single vent - W 22" L 31" Shoulder 18" Sleeve 23" The drop from boc to top button is 19.5"
Pants 17" (34 +2) Inseam 30" cuffed (+1/2") Outseam 41" - FF pleats, Brace buttons. Button tab on back pocket.
A nice deal for someone who needs a classic 2 button business suit for certain occasions.

I ship by UPS. Just PM me your zip code.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange