Tonyp

Inactive user
I don't think they run large. I have a few pair of Persols and the ones I have fit perfectly. the make hundreds of styles and the come in sizes so you just have to try several different ones on until you find the right fit.

What size hat do you wear? If you wear a unusually small hat then you may have a small head and this could be a problem with any sunglass frame

10gallonhat

Persols have the weirdest fit ever. I think they are made for certain head shapes and if your head isn't shaped like their ideal head, they won't fit you right and it's just too bad. I have the 2720's that fit most guys really well but they weren't comfortable at all on me. I gave one pair to my dad (they fit him perfectly) and I put little rubber nose guard things on my other pair so that I can still wear them every now and then without them falling off my face.

rbstc123

I love my Persols but I must admit my 0714 (folding) do fit / feel a bit large. They are the 52mm size (smallest). They are the ones I am wearing in the pic below and the ones McQueen is wearing on the cover of the book. Most know that he helped make Persols and the 0714 style famous in the USA. The same size in the 0649 (non folding) fit me perfectly. They are the best fitting frames I have out of all my sunglasses. I do have a small head and these glasses do appear a bit large on me but most of my aviator style sunglasses do. It's just part of my look. I dig it.

Minic

Starting Member
I own a pair of 2953 Persols and they do fit a bit on the large side. But I believe it enhances the look.
In response to your question, I do not know why they run big. I can only tell you that, during my hunt for the perfect pair, I had my sunglass shop order a few different sizes for me to try on. Give it a shot, they are awesome!

4dgt90

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
there are generally 4 different measurements in sunglasses as far as i know, the height of the lens, width of the lens, the width of the bridge and the length of the arm.

usually when people complain about the size of the sunglasses, its the width they have a problem with so you've got to sum the bridge and both of the lenses to find the actual width of the sunglasses to find the right fit for your face.

i think most of the time when sunglasses are listed by size they give the width of the lens, therefore a pair of sunglasses listed as 56mm lens could be wider/thinner than another pair listed as 56mm lens if the width of the bridge is different.

when i bought a pair of persols off ebay i got all the measurements so i was able to compare different models that i was interested. the one that i ultimately chose fits perfectly for me.

4dgt90

I put little rubber nose guard things on my other pair so that I can still wear them every now and then without them falling off my face.
where did you get these rubber guards?? sporting sunglasses (e.g. cycling or fishing) typically have rubber so they stay on when you sweat. i always wondered if i could put some on my "dressier" sunglasses during the summer when they tend to slip off more.

Big T

I have had two pair of Persols and neither ever felt quite right. Lost one pair and don't remember where I stored the other and I don't feel bad at all about 'em!.

BostonBrahmain

Inactive user
The thing about them is that the frames themselves are thick and wide so the glasses appear oversized, at least the 54's do. I have never been able to find a 52 or 49 to try on.

10gallonhat

where did you get these rubber guards?? sporting sunglasses (e.g. cycling or fishing) typically have rubber so they stay on when you sweat. i always wondered if i could put some on my "dressier" sunglasses during the summer when they tend to slip off more.
I got them at Walgreen's for like $5. I put them on the nose, and another pair close to the ear just for a little extra help. They're brown though, so since the sunglasses are black I've been searching around for some black ones but haven't found any. Let me know if you find some black ones because I'd really like to get them.

challer

I have four pair of Persol sunglasses and four pair of reading/driving glasses in Persol frames. Each style comes in many different sizes and you have to take the time to find what works best for you. Once you have that, they are among the best there is, IMO.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals