Phineas Cole at Paul Stuart.

firedancer

^hmm, after doing a bit of research , limited to google, are we mistakingly calling Tucs on trousers pleats?
It seems that trouser pleats are Tucs and not pleats because they don't travel the length of the fabric, like a tuxedo shirt pleat.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
You see what I'm talking about? "That's some Bunny Rogers sh!t" was what I said to my sartophile brother when I saw the first Phineas Cole catalog. We immediately began harboring the hope that it would allow Paul Stuart to go chase after the "slim" crowd and keep making things like pleated trousers in their main line. This hope has been largely dashed. Still, and unlike 99% of the slim-fit stuff that gets pedaled with a minimalist, Mad Men aesthetic of boredom and constipation, the Phineas stuff is as interesting and inventive as men's clothing can be.

It's a pity you can't get to the NY store. I suspect you might even still find a few trousers there with actual pleats. Their catalog and website show only a tiny percentage of their merchandise.

Friend Fred's video clips shows PS still having lots of tasty merchandise.

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?120012-Mad-for-Plaid-2012-at-Paul-Stuart

Their accessories alone are worth the trip. My past visits suggest early October to be peak season for the fall/winter merchandise. And the best goes quickly.

Alas, mobility issues and an ever shrinking wallet have curtailed my pilgrimages.

Matt S

Connoisseur
Are you sure that their "tuc pleat" is the same thing as a forward pleat?

All of my Paul Stuart suits and trousers have forward pleats, and they still have a few suits and odd trousers with forward pleats in store. When Paul Stuart had mostly forward pleated trousers some 5 years ago, they had mostly "tuc pleats" on their website. And on the odd trousers still listed with "tuc pleats" show double forward pleats in the pictures.

https://www.paulstuart.com/product_...MainCatId=14&HEADERMENUID=1&SUBPRODCATID=2039

CuffDaddy

Connoisseur
It won't happen this year, but I do get to the stores in either NYC or Chicago every few years and always find stuff I like. I had been told that their "tuc pleat" was some sort of darting thing rather than pleats; I am delighted to hear otherwise, and have rarely been so pleased to be wrong.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange